[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Webcam help

Menudo

I've made my first two trips on my new job, and decided that the worst part was not getting to see my son at night. I just went out and bought webcams for my home PC and one for my laptop. I tested everything out with Yahoo Messenger, and it works o.k., but, the picture is very small.

I was curious if anyone knows of a website or software that works well for this kind of thing.

I've made my first two trips on my new job, and decided that the worst part was not getting to see my son at night. I just went out and bought webcams for my home PC and one for my laptop. I tested everything out with Yahoo Messenger, and it works o.k., but, the picture is very small.

I was curious if anyone knows of a website or software that works well for this kind of thing.

I used to use Eyeball. MSN messenger works alright. And you know you can adjust the size of the screen on Yahoo messenger, yes?

I used to use Eyeball. MSN messenger works alright. And you know you can adjust the size of the screen on Yahoo messenger, yes?

I didn't really mess around with Yahoo Messenger too long, but, I didn't see a place to adjust the screen size when I looked quickly. Also, it appeared that in order to have sound with the webcam, you have to connect over phone, as well as webcam, but, I might have been doing something wrong.

Thanks for the response.

I didn't really mess around with Yahoo Messenger too long, but, I didn't see a place to adjust the screen size when I looked quickly. Also, it appeared that in order to have sound with the webcam, you have to connect over phone, as well as webcam, but, I might have been doing something wrong.

Thanks for the response.

I use a Logitech cam so that my parents can see the baby. They use a Microsoft one w/ the same capabilities. They both have audio and video (no need for a separate phone connection for audio. All goes through the webcam/internet) and work like a champ on MSN. Also, you can enlarge the screen to fullscreen in MSN. Haven't tried Yahoo.

Edited by BiggieFries

Thank you :wacko:

I downloaded Yahoo Messenger, Windows Messenger, and Skype, and Skype was easily the best of the three for what I wanted.

I know people who communicate regularily with their kids in Israel and swear by it.

I have used just about evrerything and I go with Skype also.

My family travels to Mexico for about six weeks every summer and I video conference them, for free, 2-3 times a day!

MSN and Yahoo don't even compare for streaming rates and get very choppy!