[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Am Legend

Avernus

Theatrical vs Alternate  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which "I Am Legend" ending was worse?

• Theatrical
    • Alternate
    • both were so bad that I can't decide.

Took the family to the movie a few months back. I was very disappointed.

And, I am a huge Will Smith fan.

I liked the movie for about a whole hour and thirty minutes.....I liked the angle they took and all and the Blu-ray version might be the best looking Blu-ray I've seen yet....not to mention the audio is breathtaking...

it's the last 13 minutes or so that make me scratch my head...plus one other part that I won't spoil...I'll just say that it's the part where "Fred" got out of hand and took a stroll..

it's the last 13 minutes or so that make me scratch my head.

The ending of a movie really has a lasting impression on my overall feelings toward it. That being said, I am sure the disappointment with the ending is what made me answer your question the way I did.

Sure, there was some cool footage, and Will is Will.

could of left out the scene of the way the dog died.

not necessary. makes movie unkid friendly

OK, you've said some pretty ridiculous stuff, but this takes the cake. Him having to put ol yeller down makes the movie non-kid-friendly? 'Cause ya know, I'd thought the massive hordes of grey-skinned, flesh eating zombies might've done that.

But maybe that's just me... :wacko:

could of left out the scene of the way the dog died.

not necessary. makes movie unkid friendly

I hated that part.....

the part that really got to me is the fact that I knew the dog was gonna die after they teased it a little earlier in the movie...

I seriously...no joke....almost cried...and I have never cried during a movie :manlyvoice:

Does the DVD come with both endings? I haven't seen the alternate ending yet. Waiting on my DVD.

the Blu version has both versions of the movie on one disc instead of making the ending an extra.....which I liked, up until I actually saw the ending....

OK, you've said some pretty ridiculous stuff, but this takes the cake. Him having to put ol yeller down makes the movie non-kid-friendly? 'Cause ya know, I'd thought the massive hordes of grey-skinned, flesh eating zombies might've done that.

I dunno...the dog thing is something a kid can relate to...the flesh eating zombies are a common thing in many movies...

Thats some funny stuff there....My 7 year daughter came along. She hid her eyes a few times when the zombies were out, but she never once even mentioned anything about the dog being put down.

No nightmares....so all is well...

I dunno...the dog thing is something a kid can relate to...the flesh eating zombies are a common thing in many movies...

OK, my five and seven y/o can watch ol yeller or where the red fern grows till the cows come home. Either one of those would be more appropriate than I am Legend.

And if flesh eating zombies are common, you've been watching the horribly acted resident evil movies, haven't you??? They're a guily pleasure of mine too... :wacko:

i didn't like either ending ...

spoilers to follow.

in the theatrical, why didn't he just jump in the chimney with her and then throw out the grenade? why did he have to dive into the blast?

in the alternate, why have the zombies show the compassion to care about each other? this was completely inconsistent with the rest of the film.

OK, my five and seven y/o can watch ol yeller or where the red fern grows till the cows come home. Either one of those would be more appropriate than I am Legend.

And if flesh eating zombies are common, you've been watching the horribly acted resident evil movies, haven't you??? They're a guily pleasure of mine too... :D

no....:wacko:

actually I hate horror flicks....they seem repetitive..

however, I really don't mind the Resident Evil movies....(mostly the 1st and 3rd as the 2nd was garbage)

the 3rd really wasn't that bad for a change of pace since the usual movie I watch is a complete mindf*ck....and sometimes I don't mind shutting my brain down during a movie to enjoy the special effects, etc...(Live Free or Die Hard comes to mind)

i didn't like either ending ...

spoilers to follow.

in the theatrical, why didn't he just jump in the chimney with her and then throw out the grenade? why did he have to dive into the blast?

in the alternate, why have the zombies show the compassion to care about each other? this was completely inconsistent with the rest of the film.

in regards to your 1st point...this is exactly what I said before....he "completely ignored his survival instincts" by sacrificing himself..(sound familiar from an earlier point in the movie?)...

staying behind and playing hero was way over the top...especially if he thinks that they are the only 3 people left on earth....unless he thinks the little boy Nathan or Ethan (I forget) is going to reproduce with that chick.....:wacko:

and your 2nd point.....exactly...

Not so much that the dog died but the WAY the dog died.

How do you suppose they should have killed the dog off then? With a treat filled with poison? They shot the scene so that everyone watching would feel emotion... Sadness, anger, whatever it is that you felt. Those scenes can give a movie much more power.

Not so much that the dog died but the WAY the dog died.

OK, he breaks it's neck, in the two movies I've indicated the dog is shot. :D

You wish to put the spike hands of Christ in everyone's face and be the proverbial "clanging cymbal" the Apostle Paul speaks of, yet you can't handle the neck breaking of a dog in a movie... :wacko: