[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Customer relation dilemma

detlef

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, guns would rust in the garage. They're in the den...

Actually, I kind of pictured you like Linda Hamilton in T2, like you had some bunker buried under the sand with anti-aircraft guns an chit.

BTW, you never answered my question before. When do those of us without swords get to plow you?

Edited by detlef

not paranoid at all....i have almost 20 yrs in retail and the one thing that is constant is that the people that steal or do bad things are not always the ones you would expect to do such things

So two people out of however many have a particular complaint about something very specific and you immediately put the employee on watch for sabotage? Sabotage not just of the product they are delivering, but of their wages, which are extremely contingent on the quality of the product? You know what happened? Someone who doesn't like spicy food, had some spicy food and biznatched about it. That's all.

Retail, and dipping in the till, is a whole other ballgame than waitservice.

Have you ever worked in a restaurant? People will rob you blind. AND... they attract their share of weirdos. Even posing as nice waiters in detlefs restaurant. Especially if he hires college kids.

People who rob blind don't stick around. Those who do get caught. It really is that simple.

So, what do I tell this guy?

I'm glad to see you take customer satisfaction very seriously, too many businesses don't.

On the other hand, some customers are just bent over everything in life and the best course of action is to tell them to pound sand. :wacko: Spend your energy pleasing current and future customers.

around what time did the customers eat? how is the soup held? i am sure you looked into this, but over the coarse of a shift or two soup can reduce and intesify. if there were no other complaints, it's prob not an issue...just a thought.

around what time did the customers eat? how is the soup held? i am sure you looked into this, but over the coarse of a shift or two soup can reduce and intesify. if there were no other complaints, it's prob not an issue...just a thought.

That actually might explain one of the instances because it was towards the end of the night and I did consider that. Though that was the guy who substantiated his complaint with "And I really like hot food". The other guy was at 12:15 at lunch so it was one of the first bowls served.

Oh well... I've moved on. Guy #2 hasn't replied to my e-mail and we were reminded last night how much our customers like the place.

I've moved on.

Please do. You're way overworried about how 2 seperate customers disliked your food. 99% like it, you can't please everybody.

There are some restaurants that I like and some that I don't. Everybody is the same way.

Actually, I kind of pictured you like Linda Hamilton in T2, like you had some bunker buried under the sand with anti-aircraft guns an chit.

BTW, you never answered my question before. When do those of us without swords get to plow you?

You don't, that's the point. You might want to get yourself a sword before someone who's not nice and has a sword decides he wants what's in your cash drawer. You really think the cops are there to protect you, don't you?

Baaaahhhhhh

You don't, that's the point. You might want to get yourself a sword before someone who's not nice and has a sword decides he wants what's in your cash drawer. You really think the cops are there to protect you, don't you?

Baaaahhhhhh

Of course, because It's so much better to get into a stand-off involving weapons than hand over the couple $100 in the drawer and calling the insurance company the next day. :wacko:

Of course, because It's so much better to get into a stand-off involving weapons than hand over the couple $100 in the drawer and calling the insurance company the next day. :wacko:

Where does it stop. What if the guy wants your wife? Your daughter?

I repeat - Baaaaahhhhhhh

Where does it stop. What if the guy wants your wife? Your daughter?

I repeat - Baaaaahhhhhhh

OK, where does it stop? That is, where does the paranoia stop?

Face it, you tried to use my restaurant getting robbed as a reason why I should have a gun and were shown quite plainly why that would actually be a stupid freaking idea. So, you move on to the next one. How long until we get to fighting aliens from another planet?

Oh, and btw, if you're really Charles Bronson rather than Linda Hamilton, then all bets are seriously off.

Edited by detlef

OK, where does it stop? That is, where does the paranoia stop?

Face it, you tried to use my restaurant getting robbed as a reason why I should have a gun and were shown quite plainly why that would actually be a stupid freaking idea. So, you move on to the next one. How long until we get to fighting aliens from another planet?

Oh, and btw, if you're really Charles Bronson rather than Linda Hamilton, then all bets are seriously off.

I'm a logger. Just up from Coos bay Oregon. :wacko: