[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Working my last friday for a long time.

tbimm

I work at a small independent auto repair shop in New Orleans and we are changing our hours starting next week. We have been open from 730am to 530pm Monday through Friday for the last 18 years ( I have been there 13 of them ). Starting next week our official hours will be 7 am to 6 pm Monday through Thursday! I will be going in between 530 and 6 am to get things rolling and probably be there till 630 or so each night. Seems like a small price to pay to have a 3 day weekend every single week of the year! :wacko::D:D Tomorrow will be the best Friday I have had in a long time! It will be the last!

I work at a small independent auto repair shop in New Orleans and we are changing our hours starting next week. We have been open from 730am to 530pm Monday through Friday for the last 18 years ( I have been there 13 of them ). Starting next week our official hours will be 7 am to 6 pm Monday through Thursday! I will be going in between 530 and 6 am to get things rolling and probably be there till 630 or so each night. Seems like a small price to pay to have a 3 day weekend every single week of the year! :wacko::D:D Tomorrow will be the best Friday I have had in a long time! It will be the last!

Nice. Is this shop open to the public? Joe Public hates it when places are closed.

Nice. Is this shop open to the public? Joe Public hates it when places are closed.

This is something we have looked at very closely over the last few months.

We have a very loyal customer base and far more work than we need. We have spoken to every customer we have seen about this decision and they all feel, that while it will take an adjustment, it will work out fine for them.

We dont advertise as we really just cant handle any more work.

Another shop in town went to the same schedule. They have a few more employees than we do. The owner said that not only has he not lost any customers, he is also finding his techs are far more productive.

The biggest benefit for us will be during the summer months when the heat down here just zaps the life out of you. The extra day to recover coupled with getting half your day in before the oppressive heat sets in will be very nice.

weird. I almost always get my car fixed on the weekend.

Still... it's nice for you. :D

We have never been open on Saturday or Sunday so chances are we would not have had you as a customer. Well at least not until Pepboys screws your car up and you have it towed to me Monday morning to figure out what went wrong. :wacko:

We have never been open on Saturday or Sunday so chances are we would not have had you as a customer. Well at least not until Pepboys screws your car up and you have it towed to me Monday morning to figure out what went wrong. :wacko:

:D

My last car repair I went from the local carwash/oil change place to the dealership. I'm an idiot.