[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UNC - Louisville

billay

Man, UNC is good. I mean, Louisville came out and looked like they would really pressure UNC but their efforts have been largely shrugged off by a deep and very talented Heel squad.

As much as I'd love to see UT cut the nets down in San Antonio, UCLA and UNC look like they're simply playing on another level. One of these two teams will most likely take the crown.

Great first half by the heels, UNC just beating Louisville down the floor repeatedly. Both teams were exhausted in that final minute. Fatigue may really be an issue for one of these 2 clubs in the final minutes of this one.

Man, UNC is good. I mean, Louisville came out and looked like they would really pressure UNC but their efforts have been largely shrugged off by a deep and very talented Heel squad.

As much as I'd love to see UT cut the nets down in San Antonio, UCLA and UNC look like they're simply playing on another level. One of these two teams will most likely take the crown.

Well, all props to UCLA, but the team they played against tonight would have been beaten by 20+ by any of the other three. How many open 3s did Xavier airball?

I knew Louisville was too good to let us run away and hide in this one.

Come on Heels. Settle down.

Refs making it a little hard on us right now. UNC is a long way from the bonus. Louisville shooting free throws the rest of the way. If the Heels can just hit a couple of threes a get a little more breathing room...

Well, all props to UCLA, but the team they played against tonight would have been beaten by 20+ by any of the other three. How many open 3s did Xavier airball?

I watched Wazzu shoot 2-16 from 3 land against UNC, it didn't deter how dominant I thought UNC was. :wacko:

I watched Wazzu shoot 2-16 from 3 land against UNC, it didn't deter how dominant I thought UNC was. :wacko:

I thought UCLA looked dominant tonight as well and gave them their props. They certainly made them pay dearly in the 2nd half. However, now I've seen them let two teams that had no business playing with them push them and put away a team that looked like crap every time it mattered. What was the stat at one point? 2 pts off 10 turnovers? I mean, this is the first game since the 1/16 that they were able to cruise down the stretch and the other team just flat out did not show up. Let's put it this way, they'd better not be hoping anyone they play in San Antonio puts up that little fight.

Homer blinders or not, I'll still take the team that beat the Rick Petino team that played it's head off and nailed a ton of clutch shots especially in light of how they've handled everyone else so far.

None the less, it's shaping up to be great final four. Especially if Kansas wins tomorrow, everyone's loaded.

Edited by detlef

Lots of credit to Louisville, they played a smart game. At the half, I though they should have abandoned their half court pressure as Lawson was beating it with ease and UNC was getting easy baskets as a result. Instead, they went the exact opposite way, bring up a 3rd defender, making it even more intense and it worked. They completely denied Lawson the ball out of the inbounds and it took UNC a long time to adjust. All the while, Louisville was crisp in their offensive execution, hit several 3's and climbed back into the game, eventually tying it up. The Heels finally abandoned trying to get Lawson the ball in the back court and had other players bring the ball upcourt. It forced UNC into a halfcourt offense and UNC got zero transition baskets in the second half. Tyler Hansbrough took over though, put the Heels on his back and went for 28 and 13, including some very big 18 foot jumpshots. He single-handedly held off Louisville. The Heels worked the lead back to 7 with under 3 to play and UNC went 8 for 8 from the free throw line the rest of the way to seal the deal. Congrats to Louisville on a well played game.

Heels on their way to the Final 4! :wacko:

I thought UCLA looked dominant tonight as well and gave them their props.

Not really. It would be generous to say you backhandedly complimented UCLA getting into the final four the same way celebrated UNC's dominating performance getting into the elite 8.

I knew Louisville was too good to let us run away and hide in this one.

Come on Heels. Settle down.

Not really. It would be generous to say you backhandedly complimented UCLA getting into the final four the same way celebrated UNC's dominating performance getting into the elite 8.

What part of what I said above was not true. Even if you give UCLA's D some of the credit for making X look bad, you can't blame it all on that. None the less, you can only play who's in front of you, so you can't fault UCLA for that. They looked like a great team making a bad one look silly. But that's it.

OK, so you want to compare that to UNC beating WSU. Fair enough. But, the X game is the only game UCLA's looked impressive (save the 1/16 but that doesn't merit mention). Meanwhile, UNC has done what they were supposed to do to all four teams they've played.

That post was made when Louisville made its run and was as much about the frustration I was feeling knowing I'd just watched a game where one team played like crap and made it damned easy for the other to win while my team was getting all it could handle from a team that would have crushed X that night.

Edited by detlef