[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"No Suitable CD recording drive found"

rajncajn

I'm trying to burn some pictures to CD for my Wife to bring for her class tomorrow. I've had this problem before & solved it temporarily by downloading the trial version of Nero. Now the trial period has run out & I'm stuck again. The problem I'm having is for some reason I can't get programs to recognize that my CD Rom is a burner. The program I am using right now is Canon's ZoomBrowser EX. I select the pictures I want, click "Backup to CD" & I get an error message saying "No suitable CD recording device found." I get a similar message when I try using other software such as Windows Media player to try to burn a music CD. I took a look at the CD drive's properties & it seems everything is ok. I tried updating the drivers & it told me I had the latest 7 greatest.

So what gives? Do I have to have a separate burn software or is there something I need to fix in my settings? :wacko:

I'm using a freeware program called Instant CD + DVD burner. I got it from download.com (CNET sponsored). I think I chose this particular program because I wanted to create ISO images.

Anyway I've been running it for a while, and the version I have didn't have any spyware or anything. You could give it a try. Read the reviews though to make sure they didn't change versions and add some crap to it.

if you put a blank DVD in the drive and then do a right click on the drive do you have an option to format? Make sure you right click the DVD-RW drive and no other dirve when you check this

It's probably set to burn DVDs instead of CDs. On any of my CD/DVD burning programs, you have to switch it to the correct media.

A lot of PC's have Roxio Easy Media Creator installed. Check your C:\Programs directory for it, run it if it's there and get the version #.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;EN-US;315350

or

Go to Device manager, uninstall the driver, reboot, and try again, as the driver may be corrupted.

if you put a blank DVD in the drive and then do a right click on the drive do you have an option to format? Make sure you right click the DVD-RW drive and no other dirve when you check this

No it doesn't and when the CD is in it changes the icon to read CD Drive.

A lot of PC's have Roxio Easy Media Creator installed. Check your C:\Programs directory for it, run it if it's there and get the version #.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;EN-US;315350

or

Go to Device manager, uninstall the driver, reboot, and try again, as the driver may be corrupted.

I built this one so it didn't come with a lot of extra software.