[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best used cars to buy

AtomicCEO

The most glaring mistake is they didn't include the Hyundai Sonata - which by the way I just purchased one this weekend. A 2007 Hyundai Sonata with only 6300 miles. The Sonata is the best value vehicle out there - it's basically a Camry for about $7K less! If anyone has a login for consumer reports check them out - paid $14K for mine fully loaded minus sunroof. Thing is amazing, drives like a dream , absorbs all potholes and bumps. The only downfall is that it's a total grandma color (metallic sand) :wacko:

The most glaring mistake is they didn't include the Hyundai Sonata - which by the way I just purchased one this weekend. A 2007 Hyundai Sonata with only 6300 miles. The Sonata is the best value vehicle out there - it's basically a Camry for about $7K less! If anyone has a login for consumer reports check them out - paid $14K for mine fully loaded minus sunroof. Thing is amazing, drives like a dream , absorbs all potholes and bumps. The only downfall is that it's a total grandma color (metallic sand) :wacko:

Although in the last 4-5 years Hyundais have made major moves to the front of the line as far as durability and quality... I think this report was about used cars over the past 10 years or so, and Hyundai has not always been as good as they are now. I remember test driving a used Accent back in the day and it was worse than a Geo.

My wife drives a Hyundai Elantra 5 door. 5sp, sport package... As long as you know you're not going to do 120 on the highway, it's a hell of a car. I like it a lot. And the payments are like $250/mo to own. Ridiculous.

When she upgrades to a minivan, I'll definitely take her car and turn my old Honda into an electric or propane car for fun.

Edited by AtomicCEO

I guess I still don't quite trust hyundai. just bought the wife a new minvan....we had pretty much narrowed it down to honda or toyota, then we went to the auto show and thought the hyundai entourage was alright looking. figured out we could get a fully tricked out hyundai, with leather, sunroof, etc., for about the same price or even a little less than the mid-level cloth seat honda. we still went with honda. fwiw, consumer reports still lists the entourage's predicted reliability as poor. that was pretty much the dealbreaker right there.

I think you both have valid points on the Hyundai - it is more recently gaining it's edge. I can't speak for the Entourage because I was only looking at Sonata's because that is the highest rated Hyundai in my price range. But the Sonata's predicted reliability was unknown (probably because the new design just began in 2006) - every other category though was maxed out for the Sonata.

I test drove an Elantra and the Sonata was a much better driving vehicle for only a couple grand more. I think in future years, you will see the predicted reliability increase.

Great input guys!!