[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA draft lottery

budlitebrad

As a Heat fan, I'm SO relieved they got 1 of the top 2 picks. Now I hope the Bulls take Beasley, who is probably the best fit for their team as is.

If Riley trades this pick (i don't think he's that stupid...), I'm gonna divorce the Heat.

I never got the NBA Lottery and I think its stupid.

Why do they do it this way and not go by record alone?

I believe they started the lottery to avoid tanking.

Great. With two outstanding players in the draft, Minnesota gets pick #3. Here comes yet another Kevin McHale f**k up. :wacko:

Rose should be the real deal, but I'm not so convinced that Beasley is far and away the next best player in the draft. No guarantee he's going to be a great pro, IMO. I just hope the Wolves don't take Mayo... Not sure who they SHOULD take, but I wouldn't mind them landing a big guy to help Jefferson inside. Maybe trade down a couple/few picks and get Love or Lopez? The question would be how far can they move down and still get a player that they want, though. I think Love could be a solid McHale-like post player... he just needs to improve his conditioning and add more muscle to that frame.

I think I know what you're saying, though, and I tend to agree... there just doesn't seem to be anyone available at the #3 pick who is worthy of a pick that high. That's why I'm thinking let another team reach for Mayo or someone else at #3, and benefit from a trade by adding a 2nd-round pick or something next year.

Memphis.......or did you mean where did he grow up?

From Chicago. I think Beasley fits Chicago's need a little more, but I think they may regret not taking Rose if they don't. Hometown kid who has all-star written all over him, whereas I'm a little more unsure of Beasley. Not saying he's a "bust" or anything, just not as much of a sure thing to be a great NBA player.

Miami could obviously use either player, but I think they would definitely benefit more by landing Rose, and moving Wade back to his SG position.

How about really spicing it up...

take a snapshot of records with 15 games left in the season. The worst six teams at that time then use the last 15 games as a 'tournament'. The team with the best record from those 15 games gets the first pick, second place get second pick and so on. That way, you've got bubble teams still playing for the playoffs and suck teams still playing hard to get the top pick.

That is a great idea. :wacko:

How about really spicing it up...

take a snapshot of records with 15 games left in the season. The worst six teams at that time then use the last 15 games as a 'tournament'. The team with the best record from those 15 games gets the first pick, second place get second pick and so on. That way, you've got bubble teams still playing for the playoffs and suck teams still playing hard to get the top pick.

But what if there is a team that is just god awful every year and can't even win the "toilet bowl"? How would they get a shot at improving?