[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maybe people are getting too into e-mail?

detlef

When I got to work this morning, I opened my business e-mail.

Two e-mails from the same guy:

7:05 pm: Hi, just checking to see if you guys are open tonight (Fri 5/23).

7:20 pm: I guess that's a no then.

When I got to work this morning, I opened my business e-mail.

Two e-mails from the same guy:

7:05 pm: Hi, just checking to see if you guys are open tonight (Fri 5/23).

7:20 pm: I guess that's a no then.

I'm surprised there wasn't a:

7:15 pm: Did you get my earlier e-mail? (I sent one to you a while ago and hadn't heard back yet, so I just wanted to double-check that you received it.)

I heard on there radio a while back that there are like 8 billion emails for hour. 70% are spam and virus. I wonder how many are made up of nonsensical things like this?

I heard on there radio a while back that there are like 8 billion emails for hour. 70% are spam and virus. I wonder how many are made up of nonsensical things like this?

I'm going to guess about 29.9%.

My life is email. My co-worker did the math last month for us.

On average at work -

-I receive 213 emails a day

-send 26 emails a day

I receive 8 times as much and I can handle per day.

I hate email.

My life is email. My co-worker did the math last month for us.

On average at work -

-I receive 213 emails a day

-send 26 emails a day

I receive 8 times as much and I can handle per day.

I hate email.

at my old job i was in the 330-350 per day received and approx 200 sent

good way to get burned out

Edited by isleseeya

Did you reply?

Actually, I had to think a while about it because it was such a silly e-mail on so many levels and I really wanted to make sure that I didn't inadvertently come off like I thought the dude was an idiot.

For starters, why the hell would I be closed on a Friday night? Can you think of a single restaurant in the entire world who's closed on a Friday night? I mean, maybe if it's Xmas or something and, yes, I understand it's a holiday weekend, but last I checked there wasn't some weekend long fast that proceeded Memorial Day.

Of course, there's the whole silly notion of e-mailing a business like mine rather than, oh I don't know, calling it with such a question?

So, I thought about it wrote, "I'm sorry for the late response as I rarely check e-mails in the evening. We were open last night but will be closed on Monday in observation of Memorial Day."

I mean, what the hell?

What I should have said is, "I'm sorry, if you really want to engage me in on-line discourse when I really should be doing something better, proceed to the Huddle and start a thread."

Edited by detlef

Of course, there's the whole silly notion of e-mailing a business like mine rather than, oh I don't know, calling it with such a question?

He probably tried to send a text message first but it wouldn't go through.

Actually, I had to think a while about it because it was such a silly e-mail on so many levels and I really wanted to make sure that I didn't inadvertently come off like I thought the dude was an idiot.

For starters, why the hell would I be closed on a Friday night? Can you think of a single restaurant in the entire world who's closed on a Friday night? I mean, maybe if it's Xmas or something and, yes, I understand it's a holiday weekend, but last I checked there wasn't some weekend long fast that proceeded Memorial Day.

So, I thought about it wrote, "I'm sorry for the late response as I rarely check e-mails in the evening. We were open last night but will be closed on Monday in observation of Memorial Day."

I mean, what the hell?

What I should have said is, "I'm sorry, if you really want to engage me in on-line discourse when I really should be doing something better, proceed to the Huddle and start a thread."

This is why I could never make my career in the service industry--I just couldn't have brought myself to have said "I'm sorry for the late response".