[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Early thoughts on quantifying the voters

polksalet

That would go against the trends in this primary: either Obama starts with a lead that he adds to, or she starts ahead and he closes the gap, time after time as the voting gets closer - with few exceptions.

Montanans are typically very independent and do not follow national trends more often than not.

For once, the primary may be interesting, at least on the Democrat's side. It usually doesn't matter given the state's small population and being one of the last two primaries in the nation. Voters feel their vote matters this time around since it's still "close" between Obama and Hillary.

I wouldn't put much stock in the electorial map linked earlier.

As the one who linked it, I wouldn't put that much stock in it either. The popular vote looks to be near 50/50 and the swing states will decide the president. I was simply posting an informative link, that contained some rather concrete real-time data. Polk claimed that McCain would pulverize the electoral collage; but as often happens with his posts, actual real-world information contradicts baseless claims and ill-informed views.

The link that Wiegie posted seems more telling, and it was the same thing he kept referring to in 2004 when the money consistently said Bush would get re-elected. Obama's future for POTUS is selling almost 2.5 times higher than McCain.

If you really think McCain gets elected. There is an investment to be made.

As the one who linked it, I wouldn't put that much stock in it either. The popular vote looks to be near 50/50 and the swing states will decide the president. I was simply posting an informative link, that contained some rather concrete real-time data. Polk claimed that McCain would pulverize the electoral collage; but as often happens with his posts, actual real-world information contradicts baseless claims and ill-informed views.

The link that Wiegie posted seems more telling, and it was the same thing he kept referring to in 2004 when the money consistently said Bush would get re-elected. Obama's future for POTUS is selling almost 2.5 times higher than McCain.

If you really think McCain gets elected. There is an investment to be made.

but in the end, i am usually right, especially on elections

I hear you talking the talk; but you are afraid to walk. My offer stands. What do you really think?

the bennie offer? No, not yet. I do not know if he will win yet. The point I made is valid nonetheless. To even consider that Texas will not go GOP is incredibly ridiculous.

Also looking at the dynamics of this map it appears that hussein could win the electoral while losing the popular. I wonder if the hippies wil still wish to dissolve the electoral college?

Even though I'd rather win $100; I claim victory for common sense nonetheless.

"leads me to believe that Mcain could"

so are these absolute terms?

It may be that just one swing state will decide the next POTUS and, for a change, it ain't Florida. It's Ohio.

True in the sense that Florida isn't a "swing state" this year, because McCain will win it going away. But neither state was that close in 2004, despite Dan Rather's plea to "stick around, this could go all night." For all intents and purposes, the 2004 election was decided by 9:30 pm EST.

Edited by Cyclones

Hillary is not my personal choice because I'd just as much see George W. IdiotMonkey be president for 4-8 more years as much as her.

I think this is a serious case of hyperbole. There is no way that Hillary at her worst could be anywhere near as damaging as Shrub and his band of warmongering felons have been over the past interminable eight years.