[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More eBay fun

AtomicCEO

I had no idea this even existed before I got caught by it.

I bought a GBA game (Mario Kart Super Circuit) on ebay. Advertised as "pre-owned", and the buy-it-now price was right around what they usually go for, so I suspected nothing. (I almost always use buy-it-now. I'm impatient.)

The game arrives, and it looks brand new. It's a plastic cartridge, so there are always little scratches where it slides in... this had none. Also the glossy packaging is flat and still uncut perforations like it just rolled off a printer and was never assembled. Hmmm.

When I go to play it, the game boots up, but the battery/memory doesn't work to retain information.

So I do a google search and I learn that there is a massive industry of bootlegging GBA games in China. I had no idea. This sale has every tell-tale sign of a bootleg, which I wish I had known prior to buying. The flat packaging, the failing memory, the fact that this seller sells nothing but GBA games, and on close inspection... the fonts on the cartridge that say "Nintendo" are wrong. Sigh.

So, I'm out $10. Big whoop. I could care less. What I want to do is wreak vengeance upon the perpetrators of evil. I reported it to eBay and paypal, but I know they won't do anything. Who else can I report to? The Feds? Nintendo of America? Jesus? DMD? Mom?

I'd contact ebay for sure.

If you really want to get involved you can write Nintendo USA an email but I doubt they will do anything.

The best place to hit him is his wallet and that would be his ebay acct...hopefully they can cancel it.

I'd contact ebay for sure.

The best place to hit him is his wallet and that would be his ebay acct...hopefully they can cancel it.

That has not been my experience with eBay. They have no interest in issues unless it makes them money... and this does not.

I bought a GBA game (Mario Kart Super Circuit) on ebay. Advertised as "pre-owned", and the buy-it-now price was right around what they usually go for, so I suspected nothing. (I almost always use buy-it-now. I'm impatient.)

The game arrives, and it looks brand new. It's a plastic cartridge, so there are always little scratches where it slides in... this had none. Also the glossy packaging is flat and still uncut perforations like it just rolled off a printer and was never assembled. Hmmm.

When I go to play it, the game boots up, but the battery/memory doesn't work to retain information.

So I do a google search and I learn that there is a massive industry of bootlegging GBA games in China. I had no idea. This sale has every tell-tale sign of a bootleg, which I wish I had known prior to buying. The flat packaging, the failing memory, the fact that this seller sells nothing but GBA games, and on close inspection... the fonts on the cartridge that say "Nintendo" are wrong. Sigh.

So, I'm out $10. Big whoop. I could care less. What I want to do is wreak vengeance upon the perpetrators of evil. I reported it to eBay and paypal, but I know they won't do anything. Who else can I report to? The Feds? Nintendo of America? Jesus? DMD? Mom?

if you paid via Paypal, you should be able to get your money back, though it'll take a bit of time, using a dispute.

I thought you were smart :wacko:

:D