[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Props to the Sharks

Bronco Billy

Nice series, guys. That was about as entertaining as hockey gets. Don't hang your heads, you came up against the best goaltender in the history of the NHL in a game 7 in his pond - and you only flinched once.

Being a top team requires some steel that comes from losing big games - you have to learn that kind of hunger. San Jose should be a top contender next season, IMO. Deep team, fast, mean & talented.

Great job. Now enjoy as we polish off the Wings for you. You'll be able to say that you took the 2002 Stanley Cup Champs to the limit.

agree with most of what you say, except that part about polishing off the Wings.... Sharks had a great season. can you believe the local wags are talking about Sutter not being resigned as he "blew" a 3-2 series lead!!!??? :mad: that was a helluva hockey series that could have gone either way.

Guest Azazello13

san jose has been neck-and-neck with edmonton as my second favorite team for a couple years now. i like everything about that team, and even though they lost and they probably feel like sh*t right now, i think they took a BIG step forward as a franchise this year. they now know they can compete at the highest level, that they ARE one of the big dogs. they're going to be a bear next year...

I have never been a big hockey fan - in fact I don't understand most of the rules. But I must say that this Avs-Sharks series had me glued to the TV for every game.

My impression was that these must be two of the best teams in the league, and the intensity in all 7 games was like watching the final 2 minutes of a tied NBA game seven - but for 60 minutes at a time! Wow.

If there is a team out there better than the Avs, I would have to see it to believe it. (Haven't seen the Red Wings play yet, so I'm looking forward to another great series)

If I get hooked on hockey, I just may end up divorced. Oh well. thumbs_u

My god! That was one of the best series I think I have witnessed. Roy was the man twice in a row. While disappointed in the final results, I am very encouraged by the team we have going into next season.

Bottom line- Don't miss an open net on Patty!

Congrats to all of you Avalanche fan. Tough road to the cup this year in the West.

Bier

The Sharks played well and it was an entertaining series. It's nice to see hockey played in this style at that pace. Really hockey at its best.

In the end though, I'm glad to see the Avs advance and add another chapter to the Wings/Avalanche rivalry. The road to the Stanley Cup should go through Colorado and Detroit. The Sharks would have been a worthy opponent but the Avs are always on the tp of the bill for teams to play against the Wings.

Bronco Billy:

Nice series, guys.  That was about as entertaining as hockey gets.  Don't hang your heads, you came up against the best goaltender in the history of the NHL in a game 7 in his pond - and you only flinched once.

Being a top team requires some steel that comes from losing big games - you have to learn that kind of hunger.  San Jose should be a top contender next season, IMO.  Deep team, fast, mean & talented.

Great job.  Now enjoy as we polish off the Wings for you.  You'll be able to say that you took the 2002 Stanley Cup Champs to the limit.

LOL, you do realize that they can not hear you right? lol

How can you be nice after watching game 7? I was chewing on my armchair I was so fired up and pissed off at all the dirty tricks from San Jose (ok... maybe from both sides).

Well, it's over. Good series. The Wings are a whole different beast though. Hasek is a crazy flopping mofo.