[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How to shot robbers in the back with a shotgun and get away with it..

We all like to think we know exactly what happened....as DMD said we don't know all the facts. Sure the 911 tape is there but it's audio not video, we didn't see what transpired...in fact there was an officer on scene who witnessed it and obviously gave testimony to the fact, and Horn was acquitted.

Do I think he made the right decision by going outside...NO! Am I upset that these criminals ended up dead... HELL NO! They knew they were involved in dangerous activity and it could end up as it did, and they didn't care. If someone would have been home do you think they wouldn't have killed them? If your answer is no you're an idiot plain and simple. If that would have been the case would you still think he shouldn't have done what he did?

I don't regard this guy as a hero and neither does he himself... frankly I think he's stupid for putting himself in that position. I do think however these scumbags would have ended up killing some innocent people before it was over with so goodbye bad guys.

We can piss and moan about it being vigilante justice or whatever but it's not, it was next door to him, he didn't ride around all night looking for bad guys to "off". The sooner we quit crying for the scum of society when there "wronged" the better. How about we cry for law abiding citizens who are victimized everyday by the likes of these two thugs!

Edited by ChuckB

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone would have been home do you think they wouldn't have killed them? If your answer is no you're an idiot plain and simple.

I am apparently an idiot, plain and simple.

Because as far as I can tell, they were unarmed.

We can piss and moan about it being vigilante justice or whatever but it's not, it was next door to him, he didn't ride around all night looking for bad guys to "off". The sooner we quit crying for the scum of society when there "wronged" the better. How about we cry for law abiding citizens who are victimized everyday by the likes of these two thugs!

Wrong. Everyone is due their day in court, to face the facts and evidence brought against them in open court. I know that;s kind of hard to do in a country that's tossed the 4th Amendment out the window, and lock up guys like Jose Padilla on terrible charges...the get dismissed 5 years later but he still spent time in prison without access to evidence, lawyers, etc. It isn't about them, but about us and how we run our society. If your response to animals is to act like one, then like the guy who shot them you're no better than who you claim to be against.

I do think however these scumbags would have ended up killing some innocent people before it was over with so goodbye bad guys.

Since when does a thief become a murderer? I know it's entirely possible, but to make the assumption that these guys would murder someone in the future is as ignorant as your worthless post.

There is a show on Spike, i believe, called To Catch a Thief....two guys break into your house/business and show you how easy it is to be robbed of your most prized belongings. Then at the end of the show they give you all of your stuff back ands equip your property with better security. The two guys on the show are both former "scumbags" as you say, and both spent time in jail for robbery. Now they have done a complete 180 and are using their "stealin" skills for good. These guys are NOT murderers, and did not get shot in the back. What Mr. Horn did was take the law into his own hands, and deny the "scumbags" any possibility of rehabilitation...

Edited by KSUChiefsTarheelFan

We all like to think we know exactly what happened....as DMD said we don't know all the facts. Sure the 911 tape is there but it's audio not video, we didn't see what transpired...in fact there was an officer on scene who witnessed it and obviously gave testimony to the fact, and Horn was acquitted.

Do I think he made the right decision by going outside...NO! Am I upset that these criminals ended up dead... HELL NO! They knew they were involved in dangerous activity and it could end up as it did, and they didn't care. If someone would have been home do you think they wouldn't have killed them? If your answer is no you're an idiot plain and simple. If that would have been the case would you still think he shouldn't have done what he did?

I don't regard this guy as a hero and neither does he himself... frankly I think he's stupid for putting himself in that position. I do think however these scumbags would have ended up killing some innocent people before it was over with so goodbye bad guys.

Color me plain stupid idiot then. I wholeheartedly disagree.

BTW, the jury found OJ innocent....does that mean that the jury was correct....are you gonna buck up and just say out loud....OJ is innocent...or are you gonna disagree. Horn got away with murder...just like OJ did. It does not matter who they murdered....it was murder plain and simple.

I am apparently an idiot, plain and simple.

Because as far as I can tell, they were unarmed.

And no unarmed intruder has ever killed someone they surprised at home :D

Wrong. Everyone is due their day in court, to face the facts and evidence brought against them in open court. I know that;s kind of hard to do in a country that's tossed the 4th Amendment out the window, and lock up guys like Jose Padilla on terrible charges...the get dismissed 5 years later but he still spent time in prison without access to evidence, lawyers, etc. It isn't about them, but about us and how we run our society. If your response to animals is to act like one, then like the guy who shot them you're no better than who you claim to be against.

My point is there time in court at some point would probably be for murdering some innocent victim.

Since when does a thief become a murderer? I know it's entirely possible, but to make the assumption that these guys would murder someone in the future is as ignorant as your worthless post.

I would like to hear your response after you're surprised at home unarmed by a simple thief and he/they beat you or your family to death with your antique candlestick. I'm sorry for posting worthless stuff oh great one of the innernets :wacko:

There is a show on Spike, i believe, called To Catch a Thief....two guys break into your house/business and show you how easy it is to be robbed of your most prized belongings. Then at the end of the show they give you all of your stuff back ands equip your property with better security. The two guys on the show are both former "scumbags" as you say, and both spent time in jail for robbery. Now they have done a complete 180 and are using their "stealin" skills for good. These guys are NOT murderers, and did not get shot in the back. What Mr. Horn did was take the law into his own hands, and deny the "scumbags" any possibility of rehabilitation...

The guys on Spike were thiefs not illegal aliens busted for trafficking cocaine andthe like...we all know drug dealers and hardened thugs are incapable of escalating to murder :D

Color me plain stupid idiot then. I wholeheartedly disagree.

BTW, the jury found OJ innocent....does that mean that the jury was correct....are you gonna buck up and just say out loud....OJ is innocent...or are you gonna disagree. Horn got away with murder...just like OJ did. It does not matter who they murdered....it was murder plain and simple.

There was a lot more going on in OJ's case, racial pressure, high priced lawyers, complete mishandling of evidence by moranic cops etc. Not even the same ball park.

Everyone has their own opinion and you can mourn these morans but I'm not.

Edited by ChuckB

There was a lot more going on in OJ's case, racial pressure, high priced lawyers, complete mishandling of evidence by moranic cops etc. Not even the same ball park.

So you're saying that there were no racial issues with two illegal aliens being shot in the back in Texas.

Chuck, the reason so many people are disagreeing with you is because you're not making any sense.

We all like to think we know exactly what happened....as DMD said we don't know all the facts..... someone would have been home do you think they wouldn't have killed them? If your answer is no you're an idiot plain and simple.

Well apparently we don't know what happened; but you know what would have happened? Neat.

So you're saying that there were no racial issues with two illegal aliens being shot in the back in Texas.

Chuck, the reason so many people are disagreeing with you is because you're not making any sense.

Thank you for pointing out one of the examples from OJ's case I mentioned...... By the way I don't think people would have rioted if Horn was convicted. Let's not forget the riots stemming from Rodney King were still fresh in people's (and the media's) minds during OJ's case. Again there were many other factors other than race at play with OJ that as far as I can discern were not even remotely a factor in this one. I just think it was a stretch to compare Oj's case and this one.

I'm not much for debating on here, much like yourself :wacko::D , as I said that's my opinion..... noone has to agree with it (but I'm sure many do).

Well apparently we don't know what happened; but you know what would have happened? Neat.

Where did I say I KNEW what would have happened..... But let's not act like it's a stretch of the imagination.

In Texas you can use deadly force to defend yourself, you family and your property. I wasn't aware that you could use deadly force to defend your neighbors' but if that's what it is, that's what it is. My thought is that if you go into the B&E business you owe it to yourself to know your league's scoring system. Anyone who pays the bills by breaking into other peoples' houses in Texas is living on borrowed time.

Personally, I think what Joe Horn did would not be worth risking my freedom for, that's what a homeowner's policy is all about, but he got lucky and shot two illegals who sound like professional criminals. Even if the local DA pursued a case, I cannot imagine Mr. Horn doing a second in jail. Had he shot two drunk teenagers who had mistaken Joe Horn's neighbor for the keg two houses down, it would be a different story.

I'm not generally a fan of situational justice but you aren't going to see me using this shooting to justify changing anything. It doesn't prove guns should be more regulated and it doesn't prove everyone should have an armory in their basements, either. I hope Joe Horn is happy because I think he probably used his cosmic lotto ticket on this one.

In Texas you can use deadly force to defend yourself, you family and your property. I wasn't aware that you could use deadly force to defend your neighbors' but if that's what it is, that's what it is. My thought is that if you go into the B&E business you owe it to yourself to know your league's scoring system. Anyone who pays the bills by breaking into other peoples' houses in Texas is living on borrowed time.

Personally, I think what Joe Horn did would not be worth risking my freedom for, that's what a homeowner's policy is all about, but he got lucky and shot two illegals who sound like professional criminals. Even if the local DA pursued a case, I cannot imagine Mr. Horn doing a second in jail. Had he shot two drunk teenagers who had mistaken Joe Horn's neighbor for the keg two houses down, it would be a different story.

I'm not generally a fan of situational justice but you aren't going to see me using this shooting to justify changing anything. It doesn't prove guns should be more regulated and it doesn't prove everyone should have an armory in their basements, either. I hope Joe Horn is happy because I think he probably used his cosmic lotto ticket on this one.

I definitely thought he was going away, and as I said before I would never have done what he did, but irregardless :wacko: it's a dangerous business those guys were involved in and I'm not crying because of the outcome.

bottom line....someone breaks into my house, they get shot first. i will ask questions later. i dont care what color they are. you guys who say they were only robbing or were leaving....well f that. how do you know they were only robbing at the time??? how do you know that they dont come back to get rid of potential witnesses??? how do you possibly know the motive of anyone breaking into your place???? you dont!!! and when it comes to my family's safety and my own i will not hesitate to kill someone invading my home.

Edited by dmarc117

bottom line....someone breaks into my house, they get shot first. i will ask questions later. i dont care what color they are. you guys who say they were only robbing or were leaving....well f that. how do you know they were only robbing at the time??? how do you know that they dont come back to get rid of potential witnesses??? how do you possibly know the motive of anyone breaking into your place???? you dont!!! and when it comes to my family's safety and my own i will not hesitate to kill someone invading my home.

What on earth does that have to do with what Joe Horn did?

And no unarmed intruder has ever killed someone they surprised at home :D

They didn't go into Mr. Horn's house....they went into an empty house next door. And every situation is different...

The guys on Spike were thiefs not illegal aliens busted for trafficking cocaine andthe like...we all know drug dealers and hardened thugs are incapable of escalating to murder :wacko:

You are 100% right. So I guess you are telling me that Mr. Horn looked across the street and determined that the robbers were illegal and drug dealers...By the way, being convicted in the past for dealing drugs doesn't exactly make you a drug dealer in the present. I can only assume that drug dealers don't typically need to rob houses due to the fact that maybe, just maybe, their income may be supplemented by the fact that they sell drugs. That being said, I am sure it would be pretty difficult for Mr. Horn, who obviously has a problem with simple logic, and ability to follow professional instruction in a crisis type of situation...from a trained individual...has the ability to look at 2 black guys across the street, and determine if they are illegal and/or drug dealers. So again, your worthless, time wasted on your part, responses make me laugh more and more each time I read them.

Everyone has their own opinion and you can mourn these morans but I'm not.

I'm not really mourning them either. Fresh off a senseless death of my student body president, Eve Carson, I wish Mr. Horn would have lived on Hillcrest Drive, right here in Chapel Hill, but he doesn't.

Had these robbers been some 17 yr. old teenagers, this would be a whole different conversation.

Please spare us with more of your ignorance, and look for another thread to shower with your useless responses...

I saw your comparisons to Rodney King and OJ, and you should be ashamed of yourself. Oj got off b/c of a dumb RACIST cop, and Rodney got his a$$ kicked by a bunch of RACIST cops...that eventually got aquitted. Neither of those cases are remotely close to the Mr. Horn case.