[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Home Run Derby

SheikYerbuti

Home Run Derby  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Chase Utley
    • Dan Uggla
    • Evan Longoria
    • Grady Sizemore
    • Josh Hamilton
    • Justin Morneau
    • Lance Berkman
    • Ryan Braun

Josh Hamilton is just KILLING the ball!!!!! Holy poopye!! :wacko:

Unreal raw power.

Usually when a guy hits this many in the first round they hit a wall later on. May not happen this time. He's a beast.

There needs to be some sort of way to adjust all-star voting for the last month leading up to the all-star game. Despite his low batting average, I am not sure how Ryan Howard is not an all-star with his HR and RBI totals...

first timr in over 60 years the HR/RBI leader at the break wasn't an All-Star. he got so much bad publicity for hsi awful April, the fact he's hitting about .280 from May 15th-current means very little.

I think the only change I'd make is taking Sizemore out and putting A-Rod in, but A-Rod said no thanks I'm too busy getting some from everyone except my soon to be ex-wife.

I think adding the current MLB home run leader, and the fastest man ever to 200 home runs, would have been good for the event. The same way the NBA allows non-All-stars to participate in the Slam-Dunk contest, MLB should open up the HR Derby.

Yup. . punched himself out in the first round.

Well, I'll bet you he feels it was worth it. I never watch that thing and never care a lick about who wins it. However, I happened to be driving home and it was on the radio so I listened. When I got home he was on like 14 or so, so I ran in and turned it on. That run was pretty damned electric and totally upstaged the fact that somebody else ultimately won the contest.

The whole bit about his pitcher being an old man he made a promise to years ago and the fact that he's made it back from hell didn't hurt either.

first timr in over 60 years the HR/RBI leader at the break wasn't an All-Star. he got so much bad publicity for hsi awful April, the fact he's hitting about .280 from May 15th-current means very little.

Maybe his own fans should stop booing him ? :wacko:

Well, I'll bet you he feels it was worth it. I never watch that thing and never care a lick about who wins it. However, I happened to be driving home and it was on the radio so I listened. When I got home he was on like 14 or so, so I ran in and turned it on. That run was pretty damned electric and totally upstaged the fact that somebody else ultimately won the contest.

The whole bit about his pitcher being an old man he made a promise to years ago and the fact that he's made it back from hell didn't hurt either.

+1

That was extremely fun to watch. The fans were chanting his name. What a performance !!!! What happened afterwards won't be remembered, but, the show he put on certainly will. :wacko: