[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Homeless Plan To Vote

SEC=UGA

Basing voting on owning property is not a good idea. Do you have to own the property outright, or does a mortgage suffice? What if you own a business, and the business owns property but you rent? That is just a bad idea.

What I'd like to see is graduated voting. Everyone starts off with one vote. For each income tax bracket you move up you get an additional vote. Let active duty military go up one bracket over their income tax bracket. I mean if a graduated income tax is fair, then graduated voting is too right.

This is already accomplished through lobbyists.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Basing voting on owning property is not a good idea. Do you have to own the property outright, or does a mortgage suffice? What if you own a business, and the business owns property but you rent? That is just a bad idea.

What I'd like to see is graduated voting. Everyone starts off with one vote. For each income tax bracket you move up you get an additional vote. Let active duty military go up one bracket over their income tax bracket. I mean if a graduated income tax is fair, then graduated voting is too right.

That would be one mighty step towards Perch's dream - the open establishment of a plutocracy.

This is already accomplished through lobbyists.

Yeah, but Perch doesn't want to have to pay for that influence twice. Once, in taxes, should be enough. Killing all the lobbyists would probably almost make him happier than killing all the lawyers. Almost.

That would be one mighty step towards Perch's dream - the open establishment of a plutocracy.

Didn't this country start because the colonist did not have proper representation for their taxation? If one is contributing more to the government, then shouldn't one have more representation?

Didn't this country start because the colonist did not have proper representation for their taxation? If one is contributing more to the government, then shouldn't one have more representation?

LOL...hence, california has more reps in the house of reps than idaho. because citizens of california contribute more to the overall pot than any other state...or close to it. I would say this is already accomplished...no?