[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My trip to the Big Easy

KSUChiefsTarheelFan

So I have taken a while to get on here and thank everyone, but better late than never. I had a great time while in The Big Easy. It was good to explore the sites, and historical landmarks that I never got the chance to see at a younger age. Thanks again everyone for their input!

Places I checked out

Pat O Brians

Brennans

Two Sisters

Cafe Du Monde

Crescent City Brewery

Jax

and ACME Oyster Co.

Side note...I have been a part of The huddle for a bit now, and am good friends with detlef, but aside from that I don't really know any of you. The fact that I can get on here and get good advice on everything from who to start during FF to places to go when I am visiting somewhere is great. That being said I would like to thank tbimm (and his girl) for going far beyond what I could ever expect from even my closest friends.

Before my trip, I PM'd him and let him know I would be down for a drink if he was gonna be in The Quarter. He called maybe my 2nd day there, and let me know that even if we couldn't get together that his girl works at Tejaque's, and to stop in and get her to make us some signature cocktails. Unfortunately our schedules didn't allow us to hang out, but we did go and see the GF, and she gave us VIP treatment like I haven't had at a bar in a long time. I asked how much the bill was after about 4-5 awesome cocktails, and she told me she was under specific instructions not to accept our money, and that tbimm was gonna take care of the tab. I attempted to give a tip, and she refused that as well. She treated my girl and me like we were regulars, keeping us occupied with great conversation the whole time we were there. Needless to say I regret not getting the opportunity to hang out with tbimm during my trip....especially after hearing that he grew up in Chi-Town and is a Cardinals fan. :wacko::D

Thanks again to everyone for the 411, and to you Tom for showing the true meaning of Southern Hospitality.

My only disappointment was not being able to fit in The Port O Call...I was really looking forward to the cockroaches

:D