[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who went to WCOFF?

Big Talker

Just got back from WCOFF in Dallas, where I drafted in the main event as well as the first world championship auction event. Had an absolute blast. I was originally going for the auction only (Friday night), but they still had some openings for the main event, so I decided to stick around today for that.

The auction draft had to be done via conference call because the 12 owners were in 3 different cities (Vegas, Atlantic City and Dallas). The whole thing lasted about 90 minutes longer than normal (I definitely didn't envy the auctioneer), but it went pretty smoothly all things considered and was plenty of fun. Not sure what I think of my team yet, though. The WRs were going for crazy prices early on--one guy spent $169 on 4 players (A Johnson, Wayne, TO and Burress) and basically got junk for the rest of his roster (top priced player after those 4 was Derrick Mason--another WR!--for $4). I overspent on Fitzgerald ($46), but I didn't want to walk out of there without getting at least one of the top receivers. Also got Romo, Addai, L Coles, and the Minny defense, so I have a pretty solid nucleus anyway. Emil Kadlec was one of the drafters and ended up with a very solid team.

The draft this afternoon went better for me, I think. I drafted at the 8 spot and got Moss, A Johnson, and S Smith at 1-2-3, and later grabbed T Jones, K Smith, J Stewart and F Jones (hopefully the young RBs can come through for me). I feel pretty good about my team, and will feel even better once Smith comes off his suspension.

The guy drafting at the 2 spot took an interesting approach. Some of his picks:

1.02 Barber (I'm not kidding)

6.11 Kitna!! (8th QB taken)

10.11 Nate Washington (seriously!)

Who else went to WCOFF? Let's hear your stories.