[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

need comp help

Bier Meister

just had comcast transfer the account to the new home on thurs (been in vegas until last night). get home and can't connect to my network via wireless. i can via my lan and i can get onto my neighbor's unsecure network.

can someone walk me through this?

Were you always using cable? Does the cable provider require a username & password (highly unlikely as this is usually only for DSL)? Can you see the wireless router when you do a scan for wireless networks with your comp?

First try unplugging everything (router & cable modem), then plug in your cable modem (wait until all the little lights are solid), then plug in your router (wait until the lights are all lit up) and then try to scan for networks.

had comcast and this router for 2 years prior to the move. have done the unplug/ plug thing.

the router shows up in my list of available networks..... just has an endless "searching for network"

edit:

i am on via the lan right now... all lights on the modem are doing what they should... when i try to connect via wireless, the send/receive hardly flicker

Edited by Bier Meister

are there alot of other wireless access points visible?

connect to the access point/router (usually like 192.168.0.1 in browser) and change the wireless channel...if there's alot of them set at 6 (usual default) then they sometimes mess up

Move it a couple channels away

are there alot of other wireless access points visible?

connect to the access point/router (usually like 192.168.0.1 in browser) and change the wireless channel...if there's alot of them set at 6 (usual default) then they sometimes mess up

Move it a couple channels away

not able to pull it up

had comcast and this router for 2 years prior to the move. have done the unplug/ plug thing.

the router shows up in my list of available networks..... just has an endless "searching for network"

edit:

i am on via the lan right now... all lights on the modem are doing what they should... when i try to connect via wireless, the send/receive hardly flicker

not able to pull it up

So even when you're connect through an ethernet wire straight to the router you're still getting nothing? And you can't hit the router's administration area either?

I wonder if you're even getting an ip address from the router? try this real quick:

start -> run -> type "cmd" without quotes -> type "ipconfig" without quotes.

post results.

called comcast.... didn't help. called lynksis... after 20 minutes of the indian chick... i'm in business :wacko:

was able to get to the access point this time (192.168.1.1) we changed the network's name and the channel... seemed to do the trick.

• 2 weeks later...