[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TE Name Game

Cowboyz1

Todd Heap or Robert Royal

Todd Heap or John Carlson

John Carlson or Alge Crumpler

Robert Royal or John Carlson

Todd Heap or Randy McMichael

Chris Baker or John Carlson

Heap is just pissing me off. Want to drop him but Royal has never done much and Carlson is a rookie on a team that is desperate for pass catchers. I like Carlson this week against the niners but what about the rest of the year?

I am really considering droping Heap and going with Royal and Carlson. I have Royal and Heap now.

thats tough but if you think about it heap is the only tight end in that list that has any history of doing well...i would wait at least one more week to drop hiim

Exactly what I am thinking but I need to find an up an comer if Heap continues his marry go round of injuries and lack of performance.

I think Buffalo's game is improving, so Royal may not be a bad option... but waiting a week to see would be better...I also think gernerally good things about McMichael

I don't think any of those guys are disappearing from the waiver wire any time soon. I'd sit tight with Heap one more week.

On the other hand, if you had a shot to get Fasano, I'd pick him up in a heartbeat (and did so last night)

I don't think any of those guys are disappearing from the waiver wire any time soon. I'd sit tight with Heap one more week.

On the other hand, if you had a shot to get Fasano, I'd pick him up in a heartbeat (and did so last night)

I know Fasano was gone in the first Waiver round and I was tops in the league in points and 1-0 meaning last in the waiver order.

I'd be very hesitant about cutting Heap, simply because of his upside. He's good enough when healthy that you mgiht want to stash him away on your bench just in case. Anyway... your specific matchups...

I'd take Heap over Royal. I'm not sold on Royal coming off one goo week.

Right now Carlson looks better than Heap. If I had both, I'd be starting Carlson this week. But long term Heap's got a bigger upside. And Engram, Branch, etc. will get back eventually, at which point Carlson loses a lot of value. So I'd START Carlson ahead of Heap, but I'd prefer Heap on my team.

I think at this point I'd take Carlson over Crumpler. Last week Scaife got more chances than Crumpler, and they'll probably split time. Crumpler will probably have one of his 120 yard 2 TD games at SOME point this year, but you might have to live through a bunch of lousy games before you get there. And Kerry Collins tends to go downfield to WR's more.

I like Carlson better than Royal. Carlson is supposedly primarily a blocker, but Seatlle's got no receivers so he should get some targets. I would put more weight on a rookie having one strong game than a veteran who's got no history. And if nothing else, go for the guy with the better matchup this week.

Here's where it gets interesting -- I think I would take McMichael over Heap. I think McMichael's the one guy on here who has shown he can produce at a high level, he looked good last week (although had no TD's), and supposedly is going to get a lot of looks in the Rams' offense. He's moved way up on my personal list.

And I'd stay with Carlson over Baker. I don't value Baker much -- he's splitting time with Bubba Franks and eventually Dustin Keller.

Bottom line is that I would cut Royal and pick up McMichael (or Carlson if McMichael is gone). If both McMichael AND Carlson are available, I'm not sure if I would also pick up Carlson for Heap. I rank Royal (and Crumpler) a step lower, and Baker last of the guys you listed.

PLEASE see mine (TE question only, basically ranking McMichael-Dallas Clark-Owen Daniels) at

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=258693