[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My trade was vetoed...

fat4jc

Alright...here's the story. Tom Brady owner makes a post about wanting to trade for a QB. I offer him:

Drew Brees and Donald Driver

for

Reggie Wayne

(Kind of generous I know, but all in all a fair offer, as I don't value Driver very highly with the emergence of Greg Jennings)

The league VETOED it!! They said I was giving too much.

This would be my starting lineup after the trade:

Kurt Warner

Andre Johnson

Larry Fitzgerald

Reggie Wayne

Joseph Addai

Thomas Jones

Jeremy Shockey

Chris Johnson (Flex)

Rob Bironas

Seattle Def

For a 12 man league, I'd be VERY happy with this lineup...

Should this trade have been vetoed?

Why didn't you offer Brees for Wayne straight up? Or tack on someone else on his end?

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't take Brees for Wayne straight up. I revised the trade, and offered him this:

Brees/Driver for Wayne/Heap

Not that I have any interest in Heap, but...will do as a #2 TE on my team.

If the trade was vetoed beause the other owners thought there was collusion, I'd ask them to prove it.

If they vetoed it because they thought it was unfair, find another league, cause yours is JV.

No one can predict the future value of a trade, so they shouldn't be vetoed on perceived "fairness".....period.

the fact you have this type of system in place is bizzarre.

nothing wrong with Brees/Driver for Wayne...especially when you consider Colston is out for 4-6 weeks and it could impact Brees in a negative way....owners need to manager their own teams not other owners teams.

IF someone is caught colluding that is one thing but to just veto a trade because you dont like it is crap

nothing wrong with Brees/Driver for Wayne...especially when you consider Colston is out for 4-6 weeks and it could impact Brees in a negative way....owners need to manager their own teams not other owners teams.

IF someone is caught colluding that is one thing but to just veto a trade because you dont like it is crap

That's my thought. It may in fact be in his favor, but to veto it because of that is micro-managing if you as me.

This trade should not have been vetoed. In leagues I play in, you have to GIVE more to actually have the other owners accept your deals. No one EVER takes less then their players are worth. While I do agree that Brees for Wayne is the FAIR deal, the other person you're trading with WOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN IT. IMO, you have to OVERPAY to get deals done.

If the trade was vetoed beause the other owners thought there was collusion, I'd ask them to prove it.

If they vetoed it because they thought it was unfair, find another league, cause yours is JV.

No one can predict the future value of a trade, so they shouldn't be vetoed on perceived "fairness".....period.

the fact you have this type of system in place is bizzarre.

110% agree with this post. You're playing with a bunch of amateurs.