[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fate of the NHL-- recent bankrupcies

Trojanmojo

How do you guys think these recent bankrupcies will impact the league and do you think more are imminent? How long before all the Canadian teams move south of the border? The cost structure of the NHL has got to be the worst of all the pro sports leagues. My guess is that we may see contraction in the NHL at some point too. How about moving the Edmonton Oilers to Houston? Now that would be a strange twist of fate! Houston is the nations 4th largest market and Dallas seems to have taken well to the stars. The Oilers are the cheapest NHL (if not sports) franchise. What's to stop an ultra-rich american from buying them and moving them to a place like Houston, Portland, Cleveland, Sucramento, or New Orleans?

Discuss. :cool:

lol the houston oilers. too bad atlanta already has a team or they could move the flames there, too.

it's sad, but really it's canada's own fault for having such a lousy economy. yeah, single-payer health care and all that jazz is really the way to go, eh? the irony is that, at this point, the only real way out of it for them is for the government to step in and take at least partial ownership of some of the struggling teams. otherwise, canada might soon be left with the leafs and habs and that's it.

Screw the Canadians and their mounted police. Ever since Wayne Gretzky whined like a little school girl at the Olympics about the entire world disliking the poor Canadians, I could care less what happens. And a special thanks to Mario that year as well, played in the Olympics for his country but was then too banged up to finish the season with the Penguins.

F'n Canadians. :mad: :mad: :mad:

:P

• 2 weeks later...
HUGH ONE:

Screw the Canadians and their mounted police. Ever since Wayne Gretzky whined like a little school girl at the Olympics about the entire world disliking the poor Canadians, I could care less what happens. And a special thanks to Mario that year as well, played in the Olympics for his country but was then too banged up to finish the season with the Penguins.

F'n Canadians. :mad:      :mad:      :mad:

i agree.  to me, our northern neighbors have always had their brains frozen.  just think of how inferior all canucks must feel living in the huge shadow of the greatest country in WORLD HISTORY.  their women pine to screw american men, but by and large, are too ugly to do so.  the men are beeraholics (a somewhat postitive trait, at least it allows them to put the goggles on and do the nasties that pass themselves off as women in Canada).  ah, at least they gave us hockey.

:P

redwings.cup

their women pine to screw american men, but by and large, are too ugly to do so.  the men are beeraholics (a somewhat postitive trait, at least it allows them to put the goggles on and do the nasties that pass themselves off as women in Canada).

Not to speak for Canadian men, but when I found myself up in Ontario last spring, their women looked quite....tasty is the word that springs to mind.

Chavez:

redwings.cup

their women pine to screw american men, but by and large, are too ugly to do so.  the men are beeraholics (a somewhat postitive trait, at least it allows them to put the goggles on and do the nasties that pass themselves off as women in Canada).

Not to speak for Canadian men, but when I found myself up in Ontario last spring, their women looked quite....tasty is the word that springs to mind.then i sure don't want to see the hogs you've been screwing.... yuck

redwings.cup:

Chavez:

redwings.cup

Not to speak for Canadian men, but when I found myself up in Ontario last spring, their women looked quite....tasty is the word that springs to mind.
then i sure don't want to see the hogs you've been screwing.... yuckAbout half the women are hot in Shaylay's Canadian Amatures. :cool: