[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it time to drop Vernon Davis & Anthony Fasano?

electricrelish

I have both Vernon Davis and Anthony Fasano. I held on to both TE's thinking that each has big game, lots of catches potential. Both TE's came up with a big fat ZERO on week 2. Is it time to drop these 2 or hold on to one?

I actually have 2 leagues that I play in and I have both of the above TE's. Should I drop one of both and grab John Carlson and/or Tony Scheffler (only available in League 2)?

League 1 Waiver Wire

John Carlson (TE)

League 2 Waiver Wire

Tony Scheffler (TE)

John Carlson (TE)

Leave your link and I will answer yours. See team below.

12-Team League - PPR High Stakes Real Time Fantasy Sports

QB Jay Cutler, Jon Kitna

RB Willie Parker, Joseph Addai, Matt Forte, Kevin Smith

WR Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith (CAR), Wes Welker, Hines Ward, Muhsin Muhammad

TE Anthony Fasano, Vernon Davis

K Mason Crosby

DST Pittsburgh Steelers

Edited by electricrelish

As he stated I would think about Carlson cause I have been reading the same thing.

As for the other, Shefler is a good pick up right now, especially since his last performance. I was gunning for shefler last week but someone else grabbed him off the wire so I went with McMicheals....

I'd go with Scheffler. He's a big part of the Denver pass-happy offense. Before every game he, Marshall and Cutler carpool to the stadium. Big deal, right? Well, it shows how close they are. Scheffler joked they might let Royal carpool with them one day but he has to earn it. We have long thought Scheffler was going to become Cutler's Shannon Sharpe. It looks like it might happen this year if Scheffler can stay healthy...a big if for him.

p.s. Thanks for answering my question. I gave up Turner and got Steve Smith for many of the reasons you outlined. (I think you thought I was giving up Smith to get Turner.)

I like Fasano. Alot. 1 bad game means nothing really. I think the offense will lean on him. Parcells, Sparano, Pennington, all love TEs. Parcells made the comment that Fasano reminded him a lot of Mark Bavaro. Thems some big shoes to fill, but Parcells doesn't make many comments like that. He once said that Demarcus Ware reminded him a lot of LT. Ware turned out to be a beast. Go figure. All I'm saying is, Tomilinson had 2 bad games and I don't see him sitting on Waivers, I know thats a big difference, but it's an analogy. Give Fasano some more time, you'll kick yourself in the butt if you drop him now. I feel the same about Vernon Davis. TEs are not ALWAYS part of the gameplan. Shockey went without a catch a few times a year. So did Gates. It all depends on who they're playing.

I have both Vernon Davis and Anthony Fasano. I held on to both TE's thinking that each has big game, lots of catches potential. Both TE's came up with a big fat ZERO on week 2. Is it time to drop these 2 or hold on to one?

I actually have 2 leagues that I play in and I have both of the above TE's. Should I drop one of both and grab John Carlson and/or Tony Scheffler (only available in League 2)?

League 1 Waiver Wire

John Carlson (TE)

League 2 Waiver Wire

Tony Scheffler (TE)

John Carlson (TE)

Leave your link and I will answer yours. See team below.

12-Team League - PPR High Stakes Real Time Fantasy Sports

QB Jay Cutler, Jon Kitna

RB Willie Parker, Joseph Addai, Matt Forte, Kevin Smith

WR Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith (CAR), Wes Welker, Hines Ward, Muhsin Muhammad

TE Anthony Fasano, Vernon Davis

K Mason Crosby

DST Pittsburgh Steelers

In what league could Scheffler be available as a free agent? Is that a 6 team league? My goodness.