[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hines Ward for Steve Smith?

NPRnative

With Smitty coming back I was looking to try and trade Ward in hopes of snatching him up....

But Hines has been producing...and him and Ben seem to have the red zone connection...

Still...

Is this a good trade? Or should I keep Hines?

Edited by NPRnative

With Smitty coming back I was looking to try and trade Ward in hopes of snatching him up....

But Hines has been producing...and him and Ben seem to have the red zone connection...

Still...

Is this a good trade? Or should I keep Hines?

I would do it, but its only a hunch,

NPRnative, if another league owner is stupid enough to trade you Steve Smith for Hines Ward, then he's a monkey. Seriously. Smith has potential to be top 5 WR now that he's back. Geez, Smith was even listed last year before the beginning of the season as one of the top 2 WRs! I think Hines is great, love his blocking, the way he plays, but he's past his prime. He'll post decent numbers each week, but don't get too ga-ga over what he does in the first couple games. Holmes is the rising star in PIT WR's, Hines is the safety net. Meaning, there will be weeks in which Smith goes off and can actually win games for you, especially if in a PPR league. Plus, he's a threat to break loose and go the distance every time he touches the ball. Hines is consistent, but Smith can be Superman again if he can stay on the field and healthy.

I would do it, but its only a hunch,

If I was offered Smith for Hines I would first cover the phone to make sure nobody heard my giggles. Then, I would restrain myself from doing a celebratory dance and from blurting out the words "YES" too quickly. I would wait a few seconds pretending to think about it and then say yes and email the commisioner as fast as possible without tipping the guy off that he made the worlds worst trade.

OF COURSE YOU MAKE THAT DEAL

ward is still the #1 td threat on the steelers.. but the steelers like to spread the wealth, meaning ward isnt going to be a top 10 wr.. like everyone said already, the wr depth chart in carolina is #1 steve smith #2 steve smith and #3 steve smith. carolina is also far more likely to pass rather than run.

i just grabbed Smith today, i guess someone released him couple days ago. im surprised know one picked him up! sooooooo happppppy.

Dude I bet you grabbed Steve Smith on NYG. If Steve Smith was on the WW, the one that plays for Carolina, then your league should have "Bush" in front of it. :wacko:

Edited by Cowboyz1