[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Advice Thread

Flip_Side

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WDIS TE

mcmichael vs buff, r royal vs stl

want to play one and drop one so i can add a bryant to play as WR3 that you recommended

thanks

Wow I really wouldn't play either, those are you best options? I guess go Royal but it's a toss up, don't expect much of anything from either.

I am in a 14 man keeper league and am trying to trade with someone for Jason Campbell. He already has Tony Romo as his starter. He has said that he wants a starting WR or RB for him and it seems pretty reasonable. The only players I can see parting with are Lee Evans and Marques Colston. My question is which one? Will Colston be that effective once he comes back from surgery? Will Evans finally come to life in Buffalo's revived offense? Please let me know what you all think.

Thanks

Gabriel

Edited by TheBoss0211

WDIS TE (td 6pts, 15 yds 1pt, 100yds 1pt)

i agree that r royal and mcmichael are not good options but j carlson and k boss have byes. some others available are d lee vs TB, z miller vs SD, v shiancoe who has been droppin passes so who should it be this week and then should i pick up carlson or boss next week?

thanks

McNabb @ Chicago or O'Sullivan @ NO? Normally, I would quickly put McNabb in my lineup, but I'm concerned with his injury and he's up against Chicago. Also, he won't have Westbrook to pass to. Chicago doesn't have to worry about Westbrook so they'll be putting more pressure on McNabb. I'm not sure how many more hits he can take.

With Willie Parker going down, I need to pickup another RB as my bench is on byes. The waiver wire is very, very bare. I was last on the waiver wire because I'm in first place. Both Rashard Mendenhall and Correll Buckhalter were long gone. The best options I see are Andre Hall and Jamaal Charles. I was leaning towards Hall since he has a good match up against KC's run defense. Denver's defense is nothing to write home about either, and Jamaal Charles does get passed to. Which one would you go with? No one is answering my trade offers, so that's why I'm going to the waiver wire. Lineup and scoring system below.

12-Team League - PPR High Stakes Real Time Fantasy Sports

QB Jay Cutler, Jon Kitna, J.T. O'Sullivan

RB Willie Parker, Joseph Addai, Matt Forte, Andre Hall

WR Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith (CAR), Wes Welker, Hines Ward

TE Jeramy Stevens

K Mason Crosby

DST Pittsburgh Steelers, Philadelphia Eagles

Rushing Scores

* 6.0 point(s) for each touchdown.

* 2.0 point(s) for each 2-point conversion.

Rushing Yardage

0.1 bonus point(s) each 1 total yards, starting with 1 yard(s)

Passing Scores

* 4.0 point(s) for each touchdown.

Passing Yardage

0.05 bonus point(s) each 1 total yards, starting with 1 yard(s).

I am in a 14 man keeper league and am trying to trade with someone for Jason Campbell. He already has Tony Romo as his starter. He has said that he wants a starting WR or RB for him and it seems pretty reasonable. The only players I can see parting with are Lee Evans and Marques Colston. My question is which one? Will Colston be that effective once he comes back from surgery? Will Evans finally come to life in Buffalo's revived offense? Please let me know what you all think.

Thanks

Gabriel

Who is your current starting quarterback? Because I wouldn't give up Colston or Evans for Campbell.

WDIS TE (td 6pts, 15 yds 1pt, 100yds 1pt)

i agree that r royal and mcmichael are not good options but j carlson and k boss have byes. some others available are d lee vs TB, z miller vs SD, v shiancoe who has been droppin passes so who should it be this week and then should i pick up carlson or boss next week?

thanks

I would pick up Boss. Especially with Plax being suspended I think more balls go his way. Plus Eli looked to target him a lot last week even with Plax there.

McNabb @ Chicago or O'Sullivan @ NO? Normally, I would quickly put McNabb in my lineup, but I'm concerned with his injury and he's up against Chicago. Also, he won't have Westbrook to pass to. Chicago doesn't have to worry about Westbrook so they'll be putting more pressure on McNabb. I'm not sure how many more hits he can take.

Go with McNabb for sure. Did you see what Griese just did to that defense? Plus all reports say Westbrook IS playing this Sunday.

With Willie Parker going down, I need to pickup another RB as my bench is on byes. The waiver wire is very, very bare. I was last on the waiver wire because I'm in first place. Both Rashard Mendenhall and Correll Buckhalter were long gone. The best options I see are Andre Hall and Jamaal Charles. I was leaning towards Hall since he has a good match up against KC's run defense. Denver's defense is nothing to write home about either, and Jamaal Charles does get passed to. Which one would you go with? No one is answering my trade offers, so that's why I'm going to the waiver wire. Lineup and scoring system below.

12-Team League - PPR High Stakes Real Time Fantasy Sports

QB Jay Cutler, Jon Kitna, J.T. O'Sullivan

RB Willie Parker, Joseph Addai, Matt Forte, Andre Hall

WR Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith (CAR), Wes Welker, Hines Ward

TE Jeramy Stevens

K Mason Crosby

DST Pittsburgh Steelers, Philadelphia Eagles

Rushing Scores

* 6.0 point(s) for each touchdown.

Rushing Yardage

0.1 bonus point(s) each 1 total yards, starting with 1 yard(s)

Passing Scores

* 4.0 point(s) for each touchdown.

Passing Yardage

0.05 bonus point(s) each 1 total yards, starting with 1 yard(s).

I'd give Hall a shot over Charles for sure.

Who is your current starting quarterback? Because I wouldn't give up Colston or Evans for Campbell.

My current starter is David Garrard. I did have Big Ben starting for me but with the O-line's troubles and the fact that one owner in my league had all 3 QB's he drafted now relegated to their respective teams backup I traded him for Clinton Portis. I am trying to acquire a QB for this weekend and Jason Campbell seems like my best bet. I also picked up Brady Quinn as my backup in preparation for Anderson's crash and burn this weekend.

My current starter is David Garrard. I did have Big Ben starting for me but with the O-line's troubles and the fact that one owner in my league had all 3 QB's he drafted now relegated to their respective teams backup I traded him for Clinton Portis. I am trying to acquire a QB for this weekend and Jason Campbell seems like my best bet. I also picked up Brady Quinn as my backup in preparation for Anderson's crash and burn this weekend.

I just couldn't force myself to trade Evans or Colston for a player like Campbell. Try and go after a QB that is better as far as fantasy production. Colston will be a force when he comes back and Lee Evans looks like a great target for Edwards this year. Garrard should be okay for this week considering he's taking on Houston.

I just couldn't force myself to trade Evans or Colston for a player like Campbell. Try and go after a QB that is better as far as fantasy production. Colston will be a force when he comes back and Lee Evans looks like a great target for Edwards this year. Garrard should be okay for this week considering he's taking on Houston.

Thanks man, I'll go with Garrard this week and might be able to acquire Favre for Isaac Bruce and Garrard from another guy in my league.

Hey Flip! Portis or Perry this week along with Lynch? Portis is the workhorse but Perry may not have a better matchup all year.

Also need 3 WR from: White, Holmes, Hilliard, Royal, Meachum, Berrian or Reg. Williams.

Thinking of dropping RW and picking up Reed or Stuckey, does that change anything?

Thanks

Hi Flip, hope all is well with you. Here is my dilemma this week, I can start 1 RB with 3 WR or 2+2. Should I start:

Lendale White (home to Minn) with Johnathan Stewart (WR's would be Steve Smith and Housh)

or bench Lendale because of the matchup and plug in Roddy White (@ Panthers) as a 3rd WR.

Whaddya reckon? Roster is in sig if you need to refer to it.

Thanks man

Hey Flip! Portis or Perry this week along with Lynch? Portis is the workhorse but Perry may not have a better matchup all year.

Also need 3 WR from: White, Holmes, Hilliard, Royal, Meachum, Berrian or Reg. Williams.

Thinking of dropping RW and picking up Reed or Stuckey, does that change anything?

Thanks

The RB situation is tough. Perry has a good matchup but Portis will get a ton of carries. I always gotta go with Portis over a guy like Perry regardless of the matchup. It's a division rival and Portis will be used a lot in a hard fought game.

Go with White, Holmes and Meacham.

White is coming off a big game and is Ryan's favorite target by far.

Holmes is bound to break out even against a tough Ravens D, I just don't see him putting up a lame performance again.

Meacham should benefit with Shockey, Colston, and Patten banged up. Brees is running out of options. Besides Bush, Meacham has to get some balls thrown his way right?

I'd drop Reggie for Stuckey but I wouldn't start him this week.

Need 2 RB & Flex

M.Lynch Buf vs.Stl

C.Perry Cin vs.Clev

C.Johnson Ten vs.Min

P.Thomas NO vs.SF

M.Forte Chi vs.Phi

M.Turner Atl vs. Car

Thanks

Whoa you've got some great options here.

Lynch is a for sure.

Forte has been great and should see a ton of carries.

Chris Perry and Turner are close but I have to give the nod to Turner. The Falcons love to give this guy the ball in the redzone and perry is only averaging 3 yards a carry.

Hi Flip, hope all is well with you. Here is my dilemma this week, I can start 1 RB with 3 WR or 2+2. Should I start:

Lendale White (home to Minn) with Johnathan Stewart (WR's would be Steve Smith and Housh)

or bench Lendale because of the matchup and plug in Roddy White (@ Panthers) as a 3rd WR.

Whaddya reckon? Roster is in sig if you need to refer to it.

Thanks man

I would avoid Lendale this week at all costs. Minnesota has been absolutely shutting down RB's and I don't see a back like White putting up any better numbers. Go Roddy, he should have a decent game.

Standard ESPN scoring, but all TDs are 6 points. Non-PPR.

Pick 2:

T. Jones vs. ARI

C. Johnson vs. MIN

P. Thomas vs. NO

T. Hightower @ NYJ

Pick 1:

H. Ward vs. BAL

J. Reed @ STL (with Parish now out)

I. Hilliard vs. GB (remember GB's main defensive back is out)

Also, of the 4 guys you didn't pick, which one would you stick in my WR/RB flex this week?

Cheers!

I need to choose between the 3 following backs in a standard performance scoring league. I need to start 2 RBs.

M Turner @ CAR

S Jackson vs BUF

LJ vs Denver

I am leaning toward playing Jackson and LJ because they are home and Turner is playing a tough CAR run defense on the road. Please advise.

I'd give Hall a shot over Charles for sure.

You know I was thinking Hall was the best choice, but then I read the Huddle's analysis and here's what they said about Charles and Hall. Now, I'm really confused. I was thinking Charles because it's a PPR league, and a couple of catches could go longer than a few yards.

RB Jamaal Charles U

Bye weeks have you reaching? Try Charles, whose three grabs last week give him a slight edge over Kolby Smith as the team's third-down back. The Broncos have allowed almost as many receiving yards to running backs as they have rushing yards—which has a lot to do with having faced Reggie Bush and Darren Sproles, but still might provide a glimmer of an opportunity if'n the bye weeks have backed your backfield into a corner.

RB Selvin Young

Andre Hall

U

The Chiefs are giving up 196 rushing yards and two running back touchdowns per game this season and... wait a minute. Nice try. Can't sucker me in that easily. It's Mike Shanahan's backfield, which means the carries are shared; if you think this is the week that one of Denver's backs gets more than 11 carries, if the bye week drives you into the arms of Young (average game this year: 9 for 60; most carries in a game: 11; most yards in a game: 78) or Hall (average: 8 for 39; highs of 10 carries and 61 yards)... you'll do it sans my blessing.

Edited by electricrelish

Whoa you've got some great options here.

Lynch is a for sure.

Forte has been great and should see a ton of carries.

Chris Perry and Turner are close but I have to give the nod to Turner. The Falcons love to give this guy the ball in the redzone and perry is only averaging 3 yards a carry.

Thanks for the help

You know I was thinking Hall was the best choice, but then I read the Huddle's analysis and here's what they said about Charles and Hall. Now, I'm really confused. I was thinking Charles because it's a PPR league, and a couple of catches could go longer than a few yards.

RB Jamaal Charles U

Bye weeks have you reaching? Try Charles, whose three grabs last week give him a slight edge over Kolby Smith as the team's third-down back. The Broncos have allowed almost as many receiving yards to running backs as they have rushing yards—which has a lot to do with having faced Reggie Bush and Darren Sproles, but still might provide a glimmer of an opportunity if'n the bye weeks have backed your backfield into a corner.

RB Selvin Young

Andre Hall

U

The Chiefs are giving up 196 rushing yards and two running back touchdowns per game this season and... wait a minute. Nice try. Can't sucker me in that easily. It's Mike Shanahan's backfield, which means the carries are shared; if you think this is the week that one of Denver's backs gets more than 11 carries, if the bye week drives you into the arms of Young (average game this year: 9 for 60; most carries in a game: 11; most yards in a game: 78) or Hall (average: 8 for 39; highs of 10 carries and 61 yards)... you'll do it sans my blessing.

My fault didn't realize that it was PPR. I'm not expecting much from either back but in PPR format you gotta go Charles. Hall doesn't catch any passes and Charles is always a lock for 2-3 catches it seems. I except hall to get some yardage but Charles's catches will probably even out that with some yardage also.