[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1911 Fans

ChuckB

A colt is a 1911. Everything else is trash.

Colt has made some decent guns over the years, they have also made some trash. :wacko:

Amen, brotha! :D

I am a hugh 1911 fan and carry one every day. :D

Congrats on the purchase, Chuck. I'm sure you'll love it. As somebody else said, grab some Wilson mags (I like 47Ds) and good leather and enjoy!

Edit to add - 1911s make great bunny guns too.

Edited by Jimmy Neutron

Currently CCW a GI.45 and it's a little too bulky.

Have you tried different leather? It can make a hugh difference. Get a quality belt and good holster and you should be able to carry comfortably all day. I use Brommeland leather and have been very happy with it.

I've fired both the 9mm and .40 cal Springfield EMP and loved the feel. I've never shot a Les but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Baer's are as good as they get, IMO - in a semi-custom anyway. I'm saving my pennies for a Concept VI or Custom Carry. I'm half way there. :wacko:

why the need for the rail? Lights make a good target.

My carry gun is a full sized springfield - same look. It's had some work done to it but nothing too major. New barrel, extractor, trigger.

Springfield's shorter guns get mixed reviews, especially when compared to some of the competitors. If you're looking for a ~4inch barrel, I'd suggest the Les Baer Stinger.

I agree... The light rail would be pure aesthetic for me. I just loved the way it felt (I haven't shot one), and the bushingless barrel seemed pretty sweet as well as it coming with night sights. I was a little apprehensive about buying a shorter 1911 for my first one, which was one of the reasons I went with the used Kimber. I gotta tell you though the Springfield felt great in my hand and is a beautiful gun, so there's still a possibility :wacko:

someday I might just have to get a handgun. this thread kind of has me jonesing. not because I think I need a gun to protect myself or my family, not to kill anything...just to have and admire and have fun with once in a while. I'm coming around to the idea that guns are kinda cool. and I'm thinking one of these (1911) might be the way to go.

eta: and no, my penis has not shrunk recently. at least not to my knowledge.

Edited by Azazello1313

someday I might just have to get a handgun. this thread kind of has me jonesing. not because I think I need a gun to protect myself or my family, not to kill anything...just to have and admire and have fun with once in a while. I'm coming around to the idea that guns are kinda cool. and I'm thinking one of these (1911) might be the way to go.

Join the fraternity Az. The modern 1911 is a little more polished than the version put in military service nearly a hundred years ago, but it's bloodlines are true to the ingenious design of John Moses Browning. The 1911 is a piece of American history anyone should be proud to own. :D

PS - they're downright fun blasters too! :wacko:

I suggest doing so in 2008. Who knows what 2009 will bring.

I think 1911s will be safe in the short term (at least traditional capacity) - the double stacks may fall under some kind of 10+ round ban some lunatics are talking about. Maybe the dems will get a wild hair and go after all semi-autos like the Aussies. :wacko:

I think 1911s will be safe in the short term (at least traditional capacity) - the double stacks may fall under some kind of 10+ round ban some lunatics are talking about. Maybe the dems will get a wild hair and go after all semi-autos like the Aussies. :wacko:

Good luck going door to door collecting them.

Good luck going door to door collecting them.

I had to laugh at slick willie's 1994 crime bill - it had a provision in it for hiring a bunch of Hong-Kong police because they had experience taking guns away from the civilian populace. Can you imagine them going around trying to take guns away from folks in rural KY, TN or WV? The undertakers would be working 3 shifts! :wacko:

Congrats on your 1911 purchase Chuckie. I've carried an officer's model for well over 12 years. I've put night sights and a beavertail/comander hammer on it, but otherwise it's stock.

And as for Demon girl, I'm 6'3", 260 and my penis is plenty big - ask your wife... :D