[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA Champion

Kansas State 2000

Look out for that buzzsaw known as the Trailblazers!

They are easily the hottest team right now. They are doing it with solid defense and aggresiveness on the glass. These guys are for real.

I watched the Dallas game a few days ago and was amazed at how Portland COMPLETELY overwhelmed them. There was a stretch where, within 2 minutes, Portland stole the ball four times in a row and dunked on the other end in fantastic fashion. They had the MAVs beaten by 46 in the third quarter. It was laughable. The only thing that saved Dallas' face was the fact that Cheeks put in all the reserves for the whole 4th quarter and still beat them by 36. smile.gif

I feel sorry for the roadkill that gets in their path to the championship.

Living in Dallas, I'm gonna root for the Mavericks.....realistically I still don't see anyone who can stop the Lakers when they turn it on.

I moved here about 3 years ago and it's so funny to see what a fair weather city this is. Two years ago most people in this city didn't know the Mavericks existed....now its the Stars and Cowboys who are having trouble getting any support! I love the new American Airlines Center but I've never been to a quieter hockey game in my life..when tix prices doubled, the real fans couldn't afford to go anymore...but hey, on the bright side, I get to go down and sit next to the glass because of all the unused corporate tickets that get wasted every game.

I will stop rambling now......

[ 03-18-2002: Message edited by: myhousekey ]

Originally posted by myhousekey:

Living in Dallas, I'm gonna root for the Mavericks.....realistically I still don't see anyone who can stop the Lakers when they turn it on.

I moved here about 3 years ago and it's so funny to see what a fair weather city this is. Two years ago most people in this city didn't know the Mavericks existed....now its the Stars and Cowboys who are having trouble getting any support! I love the new American Airlines Center but I've never been to a quieter hockey game in my life..when tix prices doubled, the real fans couldn't afford to go anymore...but hey, on the bright side, I get to go down and sit next to the glass because of all the unused corporate tickets that get wasted every game.

I will stop rambling now......

[ 03-18-2002: Message edited by: myhousekey ]

Its always been that way and I don't understand why. I one of those "fanatics" that actually has my beer and hot dog and am in my seat when the games start.

Club, I'm with you. I love sports and hate being late to the games. Reunion definitely seemed louder then the AAC is now. Growing up in New Orleans I've always been a Saints fan so I'm not a big fan of the Cowboys...however I do give them some credit of still selling games out even when they aren't doing well. I think I'm just glad to see all of my dallas based friends who grew up here get a taste of what its been like to be a Saints fan for so long....lots and lots of losing. Since NO didn't have pro basketball (I'm too young for the Jazz), baseball (Zephyrs - Astro's minor league team..), or hockey I just naturally adopted the rangers, mavs and stars when I got here. Of course I don't want to overgeneralize...not all Dallas fans are fair weather, but I just laugh when I'm at a game with some of my dallas based friends and the stars/mavs/rangers/cowboys will start to play poorly. They start cursing the team and mailing it in immediately....I think they have been spoiled by too much winning.

How bout them Mavs last night! I know its only 1 game and the playoffs are a different story but it was nice to see them take it to the Lakers!

What was up with Phil Jackson calling timeouts and the Lakers fouling late in the game when they were down by at least 14???? Sending a message is one thing, but give me a break.....

• 1 month later...

The CEOs of Sprint, MCI, AT&T, Mars, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Disney, The GAP, Levi, NBC and NBA have decided that the Lakers will win the Championship.

Hurray and hats off to them for a remarkable team, coach and season. They are more than deserving. After all, think of all the extra time energy and effort they've contributed off the court making commercials.

God I just love this game!

"It's fantastic!"

No. Actually it was the refs that continued to call crap on the Portland centers throughout the game because Shaq couldn't make a basket. Instead they send him to the line and force Davis out of the game with 5 fouls in the third and Kemp to play soft with 5 fouls in the third. The result was Shaq making non-contested shots because Portland had to completely back off. Once the lane was open and shots were going, LA was back in the game.

I don't know if you watched the game but you could clearly see that Portland was running away with it until the refs started the calls on Kemp against Shaq. It forced Kemp out of the game and it changed the momentum. There was one call that was so bad that even Bill "Shaq-pumpin-an-a$$-rimming" Walton said it was a shadow foul.

There shouldn't have even been an opportunity for the two three pointers to make a difference towards the end. All this being said, the third game was probably the best called by the refs of the three.

Don't cry for wskiman....he cries plenty good enough for himself.

There couldn't have been anyway that an undersized center with slow feet(Davis),and a fat crack monster with no vertical(Kemp)could have actually fouled the biggest and strongest post player in the league.It had to be fixed.

LA all the way....and nothing can stop them.

You don't have to like it,but you are gonna have to accept it Laker haters.