[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Holiday home decorating

whomper

Last night my family made our annual tradition of going to Clinton street in Hackensack to see the houses decorated for Halloween . I mention it by name in case any huddlers in the area want to check it out. It is a hugh block with houses completely decked out for halloween. The kids love it and the houses look great.

:space:

We go pretty basic. We decorate for Halloween and Christmas. We dont go overboard but we try and do it up pretty nice. On a scale of 1-10 1 being no decorations and 10 being Chevy chase in Christmas vacation id say we are in the 6-7 range. Halloween is hugh in my house. Inside we have a lot of things the kids made and we have pumpkins and a scarecrow outside with stuff hanging in the trees etc. How nuts do you go with the holiday decorating of your homes ?

Edited by whomper

Mrs. d3 loves Halloween and Christmas, so we're usually pretty decked out on the inside. Outside, for Halloween, it's pretty simple. A "Happy Halloween" tin sign on a post on our porch and we'll likely carve up a pumpkin and put it out on the porch. For Christmas, we'll just put up a simple string or two of lights along the eave.

Ms Cid has interior decorations for every holiday/season/whim there is. Frankly it drives me insane. I'll carve a pumpkin for Halloween but that's about the extent of it, she does all the rest. If it were up to me, I would never decorate the house for Christmas. Freezing my ass off, hanging from the friggin roof, sticking lights everywhere just so you can waste the electricity to make them glow is beyond stupidity in my book. And I have to do it every fraking year. :wacko:

Ms Cid has interior decorations for every holiday/season/whim there is. Frankly it drives me insane. I'll carve a pumpkin for Halloween but that's about the extent of it, she does all the rest. If it were up to me, I would never decorate the house for Christmas. Freezing my ass off, hanging from the friggin roof, sticking lights everywhere just so you can waste the electricity to make them glow is beyond stupidity in my book. And I have to do it every fraking year. :wacko:

+1. The christmas lights are alot of work and I hate it, but she doesn't ask for much and Christmas is hugh in her family. I'm constantly hauling all the interior decorations down from the attic and back up. She also insists on a real tree which I hate due to the fire hazard. Last year I bought a nice fake tree to try to convince her they are a safe alternative. You guessed it, fake tree decorated upstairs and a real one down :D We don't do much of anything outdoors for the other holidays now that the kids are grown up.