[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fargas / McFadden

Cunning Runt

In this case though, they drafted McFadden #4 overall to be THE MAN. He seems to be showing that he may well be, but.........

No they didn't. They drafted him after re-signing Fargas, knowing full well that McFadden came from a successful two-back system, and that's what they would start him in. Will McFadden eventually become the #1 back in this system? Definitely. Will he eventually push Fargas completely out of the lineup? I would think so. But not right now.

I think most of this comes from the fact Kiffin liked DMC which of overcourse equals dislike in the eyes of Davis, so I think DMC owners are screwed for the rest of the year.

DMC was just as much of an Al Davis pick. After that 40 time there was no way Al would pass.

No they didn't. They drafted him after re-signing Fargas, knowing full well that McFadden came from a successful two-back system, and that's what they would start him in. Will McFadden eventually become the #1 back in this system? Definitely. Will he eventually push Fargas completely out of the lineup? I would think so. But not right now.

DMC was just as much of an Al Davis pick. After that 40 time there was no way Al would pass.

I'm sorry. I mean, I know you're a homer and all, but I ain't buying. Just 'cause you're a homer does not IMO make you right. They most definitely did draft him to be the man. You kind of sound like you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. Did they draft him to be the man or didn't they? Oh wait, they did, but not yet. I'm confused.

Darren McFadden suffered a setback in his recovery from a lingering turf toe injury. He was limited in Thursday's practice.

McFadden is walking gingerly again and the Oakland Tribune is concerned that the first-round pick may not be healthy for the rest of the season. However, McFadden insists he's fine, calling it "just a little (soreness). I got back on the field and I’m good." Even if he plays, McFadden isn't getting enough carries to be close to a fantasy option in Week 8 against Baltimore. Oct. 23 - 6:20 pm et

Another week, another reason McFadden isn't playing (maybe he can sit out until they play Kansas City again and spark some hope for those loving to quote his yards against the Chiefs average). I think they should just put him on IR and be done with it.

McFadden now out with left toe injury

By JOSH DUBOW AP Sports Writer

Article Last Updated: 10/29/2008 03:42:10 PM PDT

ALAMEDA, Calif.—For weeks, Darren McFadden was slowed by a turf toe injury on his right foot. Now that he has that almost under control, he's dealing with a turf toe injury on his other foot.

"You just hope it's some kind of freak accident going out there and you get well on one foot, and then you come back and tweak the other one a little bit," McFadden said after missing practice for the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday. "You hope it's just a freak accident and you just try to push through it like this."

McFadden initially hurt his right big toe on a 50-yard run in the third quarter against Kansas City on Sept. 14. He's been limited by that injury ever since, frequently missing practices and not being able to be the game-breaking back the Raiders expected when they drafted him fourth overall.

Then in the first quarter against the New York Jets on Oct. 19, McFadden hurt his left big toe. He played through the injury that game, but was inactive against Baltimore last Sunday. He missed practice again Wednesday, watching with a boot on his left foot.

After practice, coach Tom Cable acknowledged for the first time that McFadden is now dealing with a second injury.

"First it was the right toe. This is the left toe," Cable said. "It's not the old injury. It's a new injury."

McFadden has never had turf toe problems before and Cable said it could be related to the different shoes he is wearing in the NFL. McFadden wore Adidas shoes in college at Arkansas and is wearing Nikes now. McFadden said he has talked to crappy shoes from spammers officials about finding a shoe that works for him.

"I can't just say it's the shoes' fault," he said. "They don't do anything but just get worn. So, I can't say it's the shoes. It's one of those things you just have to push through it."

McFadden got off to a fast start in his NFL career, rushing for 164 yards on 21 carries in his second career game against the Chiefs. In four games since, McFadden has gained only 131 yards on 37 carries, failing to live up to his lofty expectations.

"It's very frustrating," he said. "You get a chance out there in Kansas City, you feel like, 'Hey, I can play in this league. I can run with the other guys.' Then you come back and you been dealing with this for the last five or six weeks, it's something that, it just wears you down. At the same time, you have to keep pushing through it and try to block it out."

McFadden's injury has hindered the offense, which has topped 100 yards rushing just once in the last five games. Oakland also has been unable to use McFadden on direct snaps, as a wideout and on other trick plays that were supposed to be a big part of the offense.

With him limited in practice and games, those plans have been put on the shelf lately. McFadden hopes to get the latest injury under control in time to play this Sunday against Atlanta.

"I have high hopes," he said. "I always have high hopes of playing. But as far as trying anything, we'll just see as the week goes on, how it feels."

• 3 weeks later...
Crank up the fanboys.

McFadden is healthy and gets back2back craptastic run defenses in Denver and Kansas City part 2.

Question is... anyone got the cajones to start him?

Tough call. I wish they would just feature him and quit the RBBC. I think you need to wait and see what happens on Sunday if you have better options.

Raiders | McFadden practices in full Wednesday

Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:07:45 -0800

Oakland Raiders RB Darren McFadden (toe) practiced in full Wednesday, Nov. 19, and he will play in Week 12. Head coach Tom Cable said he is close to being 100 percent healthy.

FWIW I wouldn't count on DMC being 100% just yet. He convinced Cable last week he was good enough to go and obviously wasn't. If you have another option, I'd wait until next week for McFadden, see how he does this weekend first.

FWIW I wouldn't count on DMC being 100% just yet. He convinced Cable last week he was good enough to go and obviously wasn't. If you have another option, I'd wait until next week for McFadden, see how he does this weekend first.

What if one of your main other options is Fargas? Is McFadden going to get enough touches this week to destroy what could be a decent fantasy day for Fargas against Denver?

What if one of your main other options is Fargas? Is McFadden going to get enough touches this week to destroy what could be a decent fantasy day for Fargas against Denver?

:wacko: All depends on how healthy McFadden really is.

If he's really 100%, Cable will try to get the ball to him a lot.

is DMC technically the 3rd down/passing play back as well? If this game gets out of hand, I could see him getting a bunch of touches in that capacity later in the game.

Pretty sure very few people will start him.

I know I was somewhat harsh on my opinions earlier in the thread.

I did think McFadden would be the rookie of the year during the pre-season (that's a "20 preseason questions contest" answer I definitely got wrong). I just came to my senses faster than some of the others.

Crank up the fanboys.

McFadden is healthy and gets back2back craptastic run defenses in Denver and Kansas City part 2.

Question is... anyone got the cajones to start him?

I'm starting him. I got a feeling the Raiders will be breaking out the Wildcat offense and DMac will go off for over 100 yards and at least two TD's. And, the Raiders win the game. It's just a hunch, though, so start him at your own risk. I for one, believe.