[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fargas / McFadden

Cunning Runt

Having MCFadden and watching this game I am sickened by how many touches Fargas had.

Even last week MCFadden had better bursts.

You pay this guy 60 million and baby him. I know he has the toe thing ,but, its frustrating seeing him pulled every other play.

Still gotta be patient and hope ADavis demands more touches down the road.

The swing pass to him was working and they didnt even utulize it in OT. Rather they ran Fargas up the gut for 1-2 yards per. Almost cost them the game.

Gotta hope his touches increase as season progresses....

I'd really like to know the answer to this question myself. Perhaps the owner's box is "bringing him along slowly" from the lingering toe injury? Seems like putting up a nearly 5 yd per carry avg. + a few nice catches would get him a few more touches. :wacko:

You are all just whiners because he's in your starting line up. Let's remove the bias and examine:

1. DMC is coming off of an injury. If they want him to make it through the season, they need to not overload him.

2. Yes, he just got a big paycheck - so did Fargas.

3. Fargas was a 1,000 yard rusher last season.

4. DMC has put the ball on the ground a few times during the season already, and it has been an issue in practice as well.

I'm sorry you're unhappy with the numbers he puts up on your squad - the Raider's organization wants to come at opponents with the 1-2 punch that Fargas and McFadden can offer. Could he handle more carries? I'm sure he could. But I'd also like him to have a full season worth of experience his rookie year as well.

I think they're working DMC back since this week was the 1st game in what a month when he took the insert out of his shoe for turf toe?

Fargas has always been easily dinged, so I see DMC getting more involved if he can keep his toe in shape.

Fargas is at 27 carries for 75yds + 2 receptions for 7yds = 2.8yds per touch

McFadden is at 8 carries for 39 yds + 3 receptions for 50yds = 8.1yds per touch

Is there really a reason why McFadden doesn't get the rock more? Really?

Cause he's a punk?? McFadden sucks. Sorry...not trying to offend...but ya get the picture.

You are all just whiners because he's in your starting line up.

Well, that's the problem. He's on my bench, and NOT in my starting lineup. :wacko:

Your points are valid, and I'd like to see him get a full season of work in as well. Just seems hard to keep talent like that on the sidelines.

Cause he's a punk?? McFadden sucks. Sorry...not trying to offend...but ya get the picture.

The numbers suggest otherwise.

Also - KP, not whining. Asking a legit question. 8.1yds per touch vs. 2.8yds a touch tells me all I need to know. What part of that don't you get?

The numbers suggest otherwise.

Also - KP, not whining. Asking a legit question. 8.1yds per touch vs. 2.8yds a touch tells me all I need to know. What part of that don't you get?

Oh I understand that his YPC is tremendously better. But as Caveman Nick suggests, it's because they're used completely differently. If you gave McFadden the ball more, would he still have 8.1 yards a touch? Definitely not. Would it be better than or equal to 2.8 yds? Possibly.

From watching the game, it seemed to be that the Raiders wanted to run Fargas through the middle of the line repeatedly and wanted to get McFadden out in space.

Different types of usage, different results.

You are all just whiners because he's in your starting line up. Let's remove the bias and examine:

1. DMC is coming off of an injury. If they want him to make it through the season, they need to not overload him.

4. DMC has put the ball on the ground a few times during the season already, and it has been an issue in practice as well.

I'm sorry you're unhappy with the numbers he puts up on your squad - the Raider's organization wants to come at opponents with the 1-2 punch that Fargas and McFadden can offer. Could he handle more carries? I'm sure he could. But I'd also like him to have a full season worth of experience his rookie year as well.

Yes,I have him on my team and no I did not play him.Seriously though 8 carries is a joke for a RB with elite kind of talent.

The same craziness is happening in Detroit. WHy rudi Johnson still gets touches is Beyond me.

Kevin Smith is clearly the better player, younger player, paid more but gets so little touches.

Its clear why the Raiders are the Raiders and the lions are the lions....

Oh sorry............... this the NFL forum and I shouldnt be talking Fantasy football , right?

Give me a break. Yes I am complaining that he should get more touches for my team. He is my 3rd back that I had to use this week because of Westbrooks BYE.

I watched the game enough to see that the swing passes were what was working and the run up the middle with Fargas was garbagio! McFadden got no action in OT...why not try that play(screen) rather than run up the gut for 1-2 yds.

Face it,YOUR FANS were even booing when they ran Fargas....and most other Raider fans I know were wondering why not give the rock to the guy whom has the better chance to take it to the house or at least get better yardage.

Of course his injury is playing a part,but, neither you or I can determine if he could get more reps unless you ask him personally.I just saw a guy cutting and bursting up the field.So why not give him the rock some more.

I could care less about Fargas and his 1000 yd season last yr. Everyone and their mother does that these days.

Uh, the total tally is McFadden 2 fumbles 1 lost and Fargas 1 fumble and 0 lost. So, how is McFadden soooooo bad at fumbling??? I guess 1 more fumble than Fargas is a big thing???? Plus, his 2 fumbles were in one game where he ran wild @ KC.

All I am saying is the past 2 games he has had way better burst/YPC then Fargas and deserves EQUAL plays.

I have been a member long enough on these boards to post fantasy comments/ insights in this footbal forum. Cunning Runt posted a fantasy question and I responded. Please dont police our comments unless your:

1. a moderator

2. if so, you should have MOVED this to the Fanatsy advice forum.

I could care less to talk about the Raiders and their teams philosophy....I would go to their teams website to do that.

I could care less to talk about the Raiders and their teams philosophy....I would go to their teams website to do that.

And this is why you (and others) are frustrated. The unwillingness to learn how real football affects fantasy football.

The NFL team tries to win games, not pad player stats.

And this is why you (and others) are frustrated. The unwillingness to learn how real football affects fantasy football.

Huh????

Duh....of course real football dictates fantasy stats. You think I am that naive?

The guy said we were whining about fantsy stats. Is this not "The Fantasy Football Forum"?????

The original poster wanted some feedback on the game and details of touches by both players.

I responded that MCfadden should deserve more for a number of reasons.

Are we not signed up for this site to win/play fantasy football and gather info to better are chances?? Or this site just to talk about real football ONLY?

And to your point about the NFL teams trying to win games....The Raiders were blowing it in OT with their runs up the middle and had to punt twice because of it. Not until they spread it out and passed the ball downfield did they move it. Or they could of tried the screen pass to move it as it was successful earlier with MCfadden.

And yes I am frustrated that I wasnt able to "pad my stats"...arent you with your players?

Or again, is this just a football site with no fantasy implications?

This is a bizarre thread. From where I sit (as both an owner of Fargas and McFadden in different leagues, which makes me nuetral as far as FF goes) I don't think there is any doubt McF makes that entire offense more difficult to defend against. I respect Fargas, he runs tough, and that is why he gets injured so often, but McFadden can carry a game, even as a decoy. The Radiers offense is better when McFadden is getting the snaps. not rocket science... simple truth.

Oh sorry............... this the NFL forum and I shouldnt be talking Fantasy football , right?

Give me a break. Yes I am complaining that he should get more touches for my team. He is my 3rd back that I had to use this week because of Westbrooks BYE.

I watched the game enough to see that the swing passes were what was working and the run up the middle with Fargas was garbagio! McFadden got no action in OT...why not try that play(screen) rather than run up the gut for 1-2 yds.

Face it,YOUR FANS were even booing when they ran Fargas....and most other Raider fans I know were wondering why not give the rock to the guy whom has the better chance to take it to the house or at least get better yardage.

Of course his injury is playing a part,but, neither you or I can determine if he could get more reps unless you ask him personally.I just saw a guy cutting and bursting up the field.So why not give him the rock some more.

I could care less about Fargas and his 1000 yd season last yr. Everyone and their mother does that these days.

Uh, the total tally is McFadden 2 fumbles 1 lost and Fargas 1 fumble and 0 lost. So, how is McFadden soooooo bad at fumbling??? I guess 1 more fumble than Fargas is a big thing???? Plus, his 2 fumbles were in one game where he ran wild @ KC.

All I am saying is the past 2 games he has had way better burst/YPC then Fargas and deserves EQUAL plays.

I have been a member long enough on these boards to post fantasy comments/ insights in this footbal forum. Cunning Runt posted a fantasy question and I responded. Please dont police our comments unless your:

1. a moderator

2. if so, you should have MOVED this to the Fanatsy advice forum.

I'm not 100% defending how the Raider's management is using DMC, just explaining to you why they are using him that way.

Sorry. I didn't realize you were looking for a fantasy explanation. :wacko:

:D

Edited by kpholmes

For what it's worth, Fantasy or Real football, 8.1yds per touch vs. 2.8yds per touch would seem to to dictate more touches in REAL football.

Would his average have went down? Probably, but maybe not. Maybe he busts one of those 75yds for a score. And even if he didn't, I guarantee you his average per touch would be over 2.8yds.

Ya - I do have McFadden. Not in my starting lineup mind you, but waiting patiently on the bench until I see that the Raiders intend to use him. What I honestly don't get is how they're willing to let that type of production ride the pine in favor of 2.8yds per touch. They're what? 2-4?

Am I missing something here?

Edited by Cunning Runt

I'm not 100% defending how the Raider's management is using DMC, just explaining to you why they are using him that way.

Sorry. I didn't realize you were looking for a fantasy explanation. :wacko:

:D

Its all good. I understand that the Raiders are more confident in Fargas(history/experience,less prone to fumble) for the reasons you pointed out. Its obvious.

But, were talking Fantasy football.............so I am hoping they look at this game and see whom is getting better production per touch.

The injury is probably holding him from getting a heavier workload. Just want the guy to get more touches to possibly warrant a starter on my team for the stretch run. Thats all........

Plus, for those that didnt see the game live....I am giving them my point of view for his play. He looked better than he has since the KC game, so hopefully the injury is getting better and they give him a bigger workoad going forward. Unfortunately, he plays BAL this week, so its a moot point.

FJones 8.9 ypc

Harrison 7.5 ypc

Ward 7.2 ypc

Norwood 6.8 ypc

MMorris 6.4 ypc

Bradshaw 5.7 ypc

Choice 5.6 ypc

Faulk 5.4 ypc

BJackson 5.2 ypc

McFadden 5.1 ypc

These are all "back-ups" averaging more than the starter. There's more, but I just listed the ones getting carries and a higher ypc than McFadden. All those guys should be starters too? Or just the one on your fantasy squad?

Example: Chris Perry made a living on third and longs, very high rushing average when they needed 10 yards and he got 8. It was still 4th down and a punt. Rudi just kept the near 4.0 average and kept moving the chains when everyone knew they were going to run.

I do understand:

1. the investment angle for a high first round pick and expect him to get more time eventually.

2. peeps seeing other teams rookies doing well and wanting their fantasy pick to do the same.

3. the window of opportunity closes fast in the NFL for a RB. Show their talent early or they become permanent back-ups.

FJones 8.9 ypc

Harrison 7.5 ypc

Ward 7.2 ypc

Norwood 6.8 ypc

MMorris 6.4 ypc

Bradshaw 5.7 ypc

Choice 5.6 ypc

Faulk 5.4 ypc

BJackson 5.2 ypc

McFadden 5.1 ypc

These are all "back-ups" averaging more than the starter. There's more, but I just listed the ones getting carries and a higher ypc than McFadden. All those guys should be starters too? Or just the one on your fantasy squad?

Example: Chris Perry made a living on third and longs, very high rushing average when they needed 10 yards and he got 8. It was still 4th down and a punt. Rudi just kept the near 4.0 average and kept moving the chains when everyone knew they were going to run.

I do understand:

1. the investment angle for a high first round pick and expect him to get more time eventually.

2. peeps seeing other teams rookies doing well and wanting their fantasy pick to do the same.

3. the window of opportunity closes fast in the NFL for a RB. Show their talent early or they become permanent back-ups.

Umm... is this a trick question?

But I'll play. Just the one on my fantasy team of course.

In this case though, they drafted McFadden #4 overall to be THE MAN. He seems to be showing that he may well be, but.........

FJones 8.9 ypc

Harrison 7.5 ypc

Ward 7.2 ypc

Norwood 6.8 ypc

MMorris 6.4 ypc

Bradshaw 5.7 ypc

Choice 5.6 ypc

Faulk 5.4 ypc

BJackson 5.2 ypc

McFadden 5.1 ypc

I do understand:

You make good points. But, more than half of those guys are backing up studs. Fargas is hardly a stud, even though he had a solid season last yr.

McFadden owners are just hoping that his role increases cause he has shown that he can produce.

Like Rovers stated...he should be on the field more often.

Ex: As a wideout, RB, maybe even Wildcat formation....his presence would definitely help the Raiders overall. Maybe he hasnt grasped the offense yet? I dont know...maybe his injury is still limiting his play...the point is he looks good and us owners are hoping his play will justify more reps.

I risked a pick by reaching for him earlier than really valued...did the same with APeterson last yr in 3rd round of 12 man league. Some hit while others miss.

Peterson was in a familiar situation with Chester Taylor last yr.. It took a little over a month for him to be the primary ball carrier. The injury to MCfadden definitely delayed things and I am hoping he gets equal reps by years end when it really counts! Also the two teams personnel are vastly different. Guess I should of tempered my expectations with how bad the Raiders situation has been.

Still hanging tough in my league....