[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kansas vs Syracuse

Grits and Shins

Man I was sure hoping for an all Big 12 championship game. I thought Marquette's chance of beating Kansas was better than Syracuse's chance of beating Texas.

Tough game to predict tonight.

Kansas killed a Marquette team that had been playing great ball (and had made short work of Kentucky). Kansas has been on a mission in this tournament apparently attempting to prove they should have been a number 1 seed.

Syracuse is apparently an underrated scrappy team with a great player in Carmelo Anthony. It was Anthony that was the dominate player on the court and NOT Ford.

I look forward to a good game tonight. thumbs_u

I'm going with Cuse tonight - they were my one final four pick that made it (had them losing to Az in finals) - just think this is the sort of year one guy can put the team on his back, and I'll take Anthony over Collison or Hinrich any day. That game by Kansas was unbelievable, but Marquette went out of their way to make Kansas look amazing - they are good, but not that good. Think it'll be close, a few spurt here and there, but Syracuse's half court D will be the key, coupled with a much better ability to stop Kansas in transition - maybe 83-76 Cuse.

Definitely looking forward to it, more than I would have any other matchup out of the four.

Odd how terrorism can affect a person.

I didn't know him really well since he was a grade ahead of me but he was a pretty nice guy, we'd say high in the hallways at school but that was about it. He died when I was 16 or 17 in Pan Am Flight 103. He was attending Syracuse University and whenever their school makes the news, I think of a guy I sort of knew in high school.

http://web.syr.edu/~vpaf103/qlt_berrell.htm

Guess I'm an orangeman again tonight.