[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vernon Davis

Riffraff

I don't know if Singletary will be successful in SF, but he has the correct mindset in general to be a successful HC.

+1

Niners will lose more games this season and I think thats gonna be it for him in San Fran. I think Martz will take the reigns after this season.

+1

Niners will lose more games this season and I think thats gonna be it for him in San Fran. I think Martz will take the reigns after this season.

:wacko:

Then why would they have given Singletary the job in the first place?

Singletary will get more than 2/3 of a season to prove himself. My guess is that he'll be the HC through at least 2010.

I am not a Davis supporter, but I guess I saw 2 highlights of the SF/SEA game and one was Davis trying to run down a DB on a INT/TD when every other SF player gave up on the play and didn't even try or was in the picture, and Davis getting sent off the field. If he is not trying... why did he run all out for 70 Yds with no chance of catching the Db who had a running start when nobody else tried? I would be really frustrated at that point. I am not saying Mike is wrong but looking from the outside I that is what I saw.

Singletary didn't send him to the showers because of the penalty. Vernon Davis has under performed for years. He's been selfish, egotistacle, and has no work ethic. When other players see this behavior go unchecked, it permeates throughout the team. Samurai has seen this garbage go on for years but has never had the power to do anything about it. You know he's been waiting (probably hoping) for VD to do something so he can come down on him and send a message to the other players. I wouldn't be surprised to see Delanie Walker starting if VD can't get it together in the next couple weeks.

Antonio Gates is not in Witten's class as anything but a receiver down the field. Witten may even be faster.

What he said. Witten is CLEARLY the best TE in football today. He does it all. Blocks, catches, runs well. He's the consumate pro. If there are Tight Ends out there wanting to learn from the best, watch Jason Witten. Watch how he prepares. Watch how he practices. Watch how he plays the game and notice how he acts on and off the field. There's no one better. No one.

Singletary is my favorite coach now. I don't care what he does in SF, but it was refreshing to see a coach kick some spoiled rotten player's a$$ in front of thousands of fans. That press conference was a gem. The spoiled athlete bumping their chest after making a catch or a tackle is tired. All the whining about not getting the ball...etc...etc...Tired of it. :wacko: