[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vernon Davis

Riffraff

Pretty funny.

This was after he got called for an unnecessary roughness penalty.

Davis was having a pity party for himself... alone on the bench.

The head coach takes time away from the entire team to tell Davis to get his rear off his field.

Rare that you see a player kicked out by his own coach, more rare that the head coach did it himself instead of through the coordinator.

He kicked Davis out, who forgot his helmet. Coach Singletary called him back as he was walking away and made him get his helmet too.

The walk of shame.

Not to hijack the thread, but did the Niners just punt on 4th down late in the game down 3 scores and then immediately take a TO after the Seabags first play? I understand it would be tough to convert on 4th down, but they punt it away and then use TOs in hopes they can get it back with time to do something?

You think Chilly called Iron Mike and gave him some pointers before the game? :wacko:

Edited by Delicious_bass

Anyone see the post game presser with Singletary? He's going to be a good coach, has that old school approach.

I love what he said but in this day and age his approach is not going to work.Prime example is Parcells.Great coach but his tactics in this era just don't work anymore.I hope I am wrong on this one as I love what Singletary brings in the way of intensity to the sidelines.

I love what he said but in this day and age his approach is not going to work.Prime example is Parcells.Great coach but his tactics in this era just don't work anymore.I hope I am wrong on this one as I love what Singletary brings in the way of intensity to the sidelines.

You could be right, although I hope not. I'd love to see some old school philosophies applied to today's athletes.

Not if he's going to cost them 15 yards every time. Coach Mike shoulda been the one slapping VD.

The guy could be the best TE in the game and he's in an offense that doesn't utilize him. Singletary should not be talking about winners and wanting them when he's inept on why VD is an idiot.

The guy could be the best TE in the game and he's in an offense that doesn't utilize him. Singletary should not be talking about winners and wanting them when he's inept on why VD is an idiot.

Davis can't block. Davis has rock hands. Davis wasn't dominant in college, I don't know why so many are so high on him... You bought into his combine numbers way too much.

The best what in the game?? How could anyone mention Vernon Davis with the likes of Jason Witten. THey don't utilize him because he is the most unreliable TE in the NFL. I still doubt he knows half of the plays that they run. Mental breakdown after mental breakdown, horrible hands, doesn't block, bad attitude. I don't argue that he is the fastest TE in the NFL, but that really doesn't get you as far as you'd think. I doubt John Carlson could run a 4.6, but he will be an inifnitely better pro than a guy like Vernon Davis.