[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts win

SLAYER

I don't see the Colts stopping the Titans ground game without handing Collins a 1st down in the air...

the Peyton that we're used to has struggled against the Titans and this one isn't the same Peyton.....we'll see....

well, I'll be watching the World Series, so I won't see....but most of you will :wacko:

I don't see the Colts stopping the Titans ground game without handing Collins a 1st down in the air...

the Peyton that we're used to has struggled against the Titans and this one isn't the same Peyton.....we'll see....

well, I'll be watching the World Series, so I won't see....but most of you will :wacko:

Don't bother the Rays won't lose tonight. Kazmir pitches a gem, Longoria, Upton, and Pena are due for a big game while Hamels is due for a bad one.

Back to football..

I hope so. If the Colts lose it may be the end for them.

I agree completely.

People can always read into things however far they want to, but imo if the Colts lose to this Titans team tonight and drop to 3-4, we can officially close the current chapter in Colt's history.

I agree completely.

People can always read into things however far they want to, but imo if the Colts lose to this Titans team tonight and drop to 3-4, we can officially close the current chapter in Colt's history.

Huh? Just how are the Colts "done" at 3-4 in a relatively weak AFC South and an overall wide-open AFC?

I agree that they don't look like a playoff team right now but, geez. It's not like San Diego was kicking ass and taking names at this time last year.

I agree completely.

whoa, whoa, whoa......even as a Colt 'hater' i wouldn't go that far out on a leafless branch.

they still have what they need to win, Manning. Harrison has lost a step or a left nut, not sure,

but Manning will make all the others look like pro bowlers....and dont forget Wayne....and Clark

is finally starting to show this year.

you obviously are a Raider fan that needs to learn a thing or two (by playing the Colts in the playoffs) before

closing the door on them.....make the playoffs, thats your first step grasshopper....

you obviously are a Raider fan that needs to learn a thing or two (by playing the Colts in the playoffs) before

closing the door on them.....make the playoffs, thats your first step grasshopper....

Yes, me being a Raider fan has everything to do with my interpretations of the rest of the NFL. :wacko:

Sorry, don't think so. I'm one of the most realistic, unbiased Raider fans you'll ever meet - and everyone else on this board will vouch for that. I watch close to every game every week, and I've seen a lot of Colts over the past 10 years, just like the rest of the world.

If you disagree with my opinion that's one thing, however arguing that my opinion is flawed because my team hasn't been to the playoffs in recent years is asinine.

calm down there Oaky....

not intended as a personal attack...

more of a "I, being a Patriots homer, have seen what Manning can do time and time again by watching my Patriots

play aginst him" kinda comment. Just don't be so quick to write him off, which is where this began, with your comment.

calm down there Oaky....

not intended as a personal attack...

more of a "I, being a Patriots homer, have seen what Manning can do time and time again by watching my Patriots

play aginst him" kinda comment. Just don't be so quick to write him off, which is where this began, with your comment.

No Worries.

If we were talking about someone like the Patriots #4 WR, who non-homers have had less exposure too, I think it would be more appropriate for you to associate my opinion with lack-of knowledge.

However Peyton Manning is probably one of the most famous players in the NFL. He has played on Prime Time television what seems like every other week or so for the past six seasons, has topped ESPN's highlights, and has been to countless playoff games. I'm pretty sure your average NFL fan has a very good idea of what Peyton is capable, let alone the hardcore enthusiasts you find here.

I'm not writing Peyton off by any means, he's an amazing quarterback and will always be one of the best. However I am saying that the pieces are shifting out of place for the Colts currently, not moving into place like years past.

I'm not offended by your comment by any means. Just realize that most people here watch many games every week; it comes with the territory of being fantasy football enthusiasts.

However I am saying that the pieces are shifting out of place for the Colts currently, not moving into place like years past.

I agree. However, the "pieces" have been "shifting out of place" since January of 2005. They won the SB with the worst regular-season run defense in the league. You don't always win with you best teams. Good-but-not-great teams ('07 Giants, '06 Colts, '05 Steelers, etc.) can win it by getting hot at the right time.

The Colts don't have a realistic shot at the AFC South title at this point. But they do have a very legitimate shot at a Wild Card berth this year. The AFC sucks this season. The West is awful. The East is the only division with two true contenders. Assuming that the Bills or Patriots get that first WC berth, the Colts are looking at the Jets, Dolphins, Jaguars, Ravens, and Chargers as their realistic competition for that second spot. Those are all very average and beatable teams. The Colts could legitimately sneak into the playoffs with a 9-7 record. They have four "gimme" games remaining (DET, HOU, CLE, CIN), which means they would have to win two of (NE, PIT, SD, TEN, and JAX) to get 9 wins. With Sanders coming back next week, I think that they could legitimately win three of those last five.

I still don't like where they are right now, but both of their lines looked significantly improved last night. That and the return of Sanders gives me hope.

Edited by Bill Swerski