[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 HUGE trades... what do you think?

justagrl

One team I am trading with has given up on their season and they say they want to hep me beat everyone else. They contacted ME btw.

They said they will take Slaton and Evans for Westbrook.

Also... this other team tried trading me Portis for MBIII (and a slew of other payers) weeks ago but I didn't bite. Now I am offering MBIII and TJ Housh for Portis in hopes of unloading MBIII who has terrible match-ups down the stretch.

Are these good trades??

We are making fair trades. I am not getting something for nothing. No need to be rude, dayum!

BTW the person originally asked me to just give them D Avery and Defensive payer for Westbrook and I wouldn't do it. I am the one that countered with value. Don't judge that that you do not know.

I don't pay cheap.

Edited by justagrl

We are making fair trades. I am not getting something for nothing. No need to be rude, dayum!

BTW the person originally asked me to just give them D Avery and Defensive payer for Westbrook and I wouldn't do it. I am the one that countered with value. Don't judge that that you do not know.

I don't pay cheap.

Wasn't being rude. Someone says that they want to help you win, that's pretty straight forward to me and not ethical. I didn't judge you, I judged what you said someone said. And you can slice it any way you want, but if someone tells you they want to help you win, it's not fair to the rest of the league? No?

I judge what I know based on what I am told. That's all. Not taking shots or trying to be offensive, just giving you my opinion.

Gotta agree with Hugh on this one. I am currently sitting at 1 win on the year. My team sucks - drafted Brady in 1, LJ in 2, yada yada yada. Have I thought of having a firesale and trading away some (the few I have) good players? Yes. But, pretty unethical if you are doing that to try to help out another person in the league - particularly if it is a $$ league.

It didn't seem to me at all that Hugh was being rude...

Wasn't being rude. Someone says that they want to help you win, that's pretty straight forward to me and not ethical. I didn't judge you, I judged what you said someone said. And you can slice it any way you want, but if someone tells you they want to help you win, it's not fair to the rest of the league? No?

I judge what I know based on what I am told. That's all. Not taking shots or trying to be offensive, just giving you my opinion.

werd. What is going on here is, by definition, collusion. Plain and simple.

It's collusion on their part when they are willing to get nothing and ive away everything to hep me. NOT collusion on my part when I want to be a part of FAIR trades and not take something for nothing. Was not my idea but if they had or had not had that idea... I still woud have accepted or offered that trade.

I sense much judgement from this place and even a ting of jealousy. I just wanted to know if anyone would take the trade.

When you ask for advice here you cannot pick and choose the advice you get. They are all correct , and just a note you can't have collusion with just 1 party . What you should have done was notify the commish and have this persons roster locked and removed from the league next season. Just because you countered his ridiculous offer with a slightly less ridiculous one doesnt make you above reproach in this situation.

You can have attempted collusion with ONE party. When they other person offers a fair trade and will not be a part of compromising the league... then you have attempted collusion. It isn't even collusion in the first pace since I didn't agree upon it. Yah... you're wecome.

Thanks.

They say they want to help you beat everyone else. They say they will take Slaton and Evans for Westbrook.

Where exactly in the above mentioned information do you make any effort to not accept this attempted collusion? :D

You got very defensive when I pointed out what's obvious to everyone here but yourself. I was just giving you my opinion, you can just put me on ignore if you don't want it or don't appreciate it. :wacko:

Man you are slow aren't you? Try twisting it any way you want but I was offered garbage for a great RB and refused. I countered, giving the other person VALUE because I woudn't take B Westbrook for nothing. As a matter of fact.... Slaton has 101 points (Yahoo! Fantasy Football) and Westbrook has 100 points. Not to mention that I threw in Evans (worth 98 points so far) to make the deal MORE than fair.

I made a fair trade regardless of what someone else wanted to do and think it's crappy that I am being dumped on for doing the RIGHT thing. I gave up way more points in the trade than I recieved. Piss off.

Not that a fourth, fifth or even sixth person stating in plain English that COLLUSION is evident and apparent here, but just in case here I go...

It doesn't matter who you trade for...when you trade with a player who has "given up" and stated that...the ethical boundaries of fantasy sports have been crossed.

I think it's cute when girls play fantasy football...see..now you have me crossing ethical boundaries=)

Man you are slow aren't you? Try twisting it any way you want but I was offered garbage for a great RB and refused. I countered, giving the other person VALUE because I woudn't take B Westbrook for nothing. As a matter of fact.... Slaton has 101 points (Yahoo! Fantasy Football) and Westbrook has 100 points. Not to mention that I threw in Evans (worth 98 points so far) to make the deal MORE than fair.

I made a fair trade regardless of what someone else wanted to do and think it's crappy that I am being dumped on for doing the RIGHT thing. I gave up way more points in the trade than I recieved. Piss off.

We're not dumping on you, we're giving our opinions. Seriously, it's nothing more than that.

But thanks for the PM. :wacko:

Not that a fourth, fifth or even sixth person stating in plain English that COLLUSION is evident and apparent here, but just in case here I go...

It doesn't matter who you trade for...when you trade with a player who has "given up" and stated that...the ethical boundaries of fantasy sports have been crossed.

I think it's cute when girls play fantasy football...see..now you have me crossing ethical boundaries=)

WOW... way to be tacky and a PIG. Trust me son... I know more about football than most men know. My uncle is a former player and I grew up on and around a football field.

Sorry I do not agree. No Collusion what-so-ever because unlike the other person.... I am still playing the game and playing fair. What they chose to do is their personal problem. However offering a fair trade regardless of the other persons intentions is not wrong. I would have offered the same trade to anyone in my league who had the guy that I feel I need to win.

And not "ratting" them out to my league is my choice. Sorry but I quit "tattle-taiing" when I was 5. They can live with their choice of wanting to compromise the league and I will live with mine in wanting to continue to play fair.

See that as you will but saying that I am part of someone else wanting to CHEAT is low... especially when it was what was farthest from my mind and what I avoided.

BTW... saying it is "not personal" goes out the window when you say that what someone is doing is "low-class".

Thanks HughOne for making this personal when I just wanted an intelligent answer.

While I agree that the first deal that the other owner offered, was collusion-based, by getting Avery and an IDP, I do not believe the counter offer could be construed as collusion on the part of justagrl.

I believe she is offering value, and might end up making the other owners team a little better. Giving up a little at RB for Slaton, but gaining a pretty decent WR in Evans (depending on which type of league they are playing in).

Attempted Collusion by the first owner, and thwarted collusion attempt by justagrl when offering value.

NOTE: Agreed that you don't have to fire at Hugh One the way you did, but he does have a valued opinion around these parts, so I would take his advice. Even if I don't always agree with him. :wacko:

so it went something like this ...

"hey justagirl, i'm giving up and want to help you win"

"well, i'll only trade with you if it is a fair deal"

"sure, OK, whatever"

:wacko:

anybody who has given up on their season should not be trading with anybody, fair trades or not. the integrity of the league depends on all owners acting on their team's behalf, trying to win. once that breaks down, any win is pretty meaningless. the right thing for this person to do is to not deal at all.

The problem I have is that the other owner now cannot be trusted to act in his/her own best interest. So any deal with this individual is now tainted and subject to scrutiny. So while you may think your offer of more value is fine, it cannot be, IMO, because the person you are dealing with is now not above reproach.

As for your decision to not divulge this to the commissioner, I think that's a huge mistake. How can you possilbly keep this person around for future years? He/she has shown the willingness to compromise his/her position and the willingness to collude with another. So, IMO it is your responsibility to the League and other owners to step it up and discuss it. If you kick this owner out, that's the only way you can go on with the League for future years. Otherwise, if you drop out of the League so not to play with the colluder (is that a word?) that solves your problem, but only your problem. The League would be stuck with this owner and would be unaware of his/her potential misgivings.

Lastly, I think you've got it wrong with Huge One. I really don't think he was trying to make it personal.

The problem I have is that the other owner now cannot be trusted to act in his/her own best interest. So any deal with this individual is now tainted and subject to scrutiny. So while you may think your offer of more value is fine, it cannot be, IMO, because the person you are dealing with is now not above reproach.

As for your decision to not divulge this to the commissioner, I think that's a huge mistake. How can you possilbly keep this person around for future years? He/she has shown the willingness to compromise his/her position and the willingness to collude with another. So, IMO it is your responsibility to the League and other owners to step it up and discuss it. If you kick this owner out, that's the only way you can go on with the League for future years. Otherwise, if you drop out of the League so not to play with the colluder (is that a word?) that solves your problem, but only your problem. The League would be stuck with this owner and would be unaware of his/her potential misgivings.

Lastly, I think you've got it wrong with Huge One. I really don't think he was trying to make it personal.

+1...again

The girl thing was a joke as well. I'm sure you are very knowledgable in regards to football. Now let the Huddlers help brush up your fantasy ethics knowledge.