[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeAnglo Hall is now a Redskin.....

JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Yeah he's so great those powerhouse secondaries in ATL and OAK didn't need him.

:wacko:

He's great if all you want is a gum-flapping ahole though.

In the ATL, Hall was a very good corner, Pro-Bowler 2005. His mouth got him in trouble, and that's what everyone remembers. There are plenty of good folks that have sucked for the Raiders. I'm not a Hall fan, but I think he'll turn it around in WAS.

And when you're playing CB opposite Asomugha, you're gonna get picked on a lot.

Bingo.

Hall is a great corner. He's not amazing, and he's not terrible but he is above average. He and Carlos Rogers will make a great tandem for many years.

To those who don't understand why Hall got burned so bad... Teams were throwing to Asomugha less than twice a game. Because Rob Ryan's defense is entirely man-coverage, that means that almost every pass to a #1 or #2 WR in a game against Oakland was being thrown at Hall. Against SD and KC he was always manned up on the #1 receiver because Asomugha manned up on Gates and Gonzo every play.

On average each starting corner should get around 40% of the throws to WR's, with the Nickel and Dime back getting the other 20%. (Remember this is just passes to WRs)

So really when the ball was being thrown to a WR against Oakland, probably close to 80% of the time it was directed at Hall. No DB in the NFL is going to have pretty numbers when they're being targeted that much. Does this mean Hall didn't make mistakes or play bad at times? Of course not.

Hall is a very talented young corner, and I wish him the best of luck. I'm disgusted with the Raider's organization for how they handled this, but grateful that some talent was able to get away from this nightmare of a franchise. He'll fit in well in Washington, and I look forward to watching him play against the powerhouses in that division.

Bingo.

Hall is a great corner. He's not amazing, and he's not terrible but he is above average. He and Carlos Rogers will make a great tandem for many years.

To those who don't understand why Hall got burned so bad... Teams were throwing to Asomugha less than twice a game. Because Rob Ryan's defense is entirely man-coverage, that means that almost every pass to a #1 or #2 WR in a game against Oakland was being thrown at Hall. Against SD and KC he was always manned up on the #1 receiver because Asomugha manned up on Gates and Gonzo every play.

On average each starting corner should get around 40% of the throws to WR's, with the Nickel and Dime back getting the other 20%. (Remember this is just passes to WRs)

So really when the ball was being thrown to a WR against Oakland, probably close to 80% of the time it was directed at Hall. No DB in the NFL is going to have pretty numbers when they're being targeted that much. Does this mean Hall didn't make mistakes or play bad at times? Of course not.

Hall is a very talented young corner, and I wish him the best of luck. I'm disgusted with the Raider's organization for how they handled this, but grateful that some talent was able to get away from this nightmare of a franchise. He'll fit in well in Washington, and I look forward to watching him play against the powerhouses in that division.

This is a "nut up" post KP. I have never had as much respect for a Raider fan as I do right now :D:D

Now, back to "hatin""!!! Raiders Suck! :D:wacko:

This is a "nut up" post KP. I have never had as much respect for a Raider fan as I do right now :D:D

Now, back to "hatin""!!! Raiders Suck! :D:wacko:

Don't get me wrong, I still think Walker deserves the boot.

I think Al Davis was trying to send a message, and he picked the wrong player to do it with. The entire defense loved Hall, and they are not happy with Al about this. Asomugha was very, very public about his frustration with Al - and he almost never talks to media. Al wanted to send the message that if you're not playing up to your contract, you're being cut. To the rest of the team however it just looks like he cut a very talented player because he couldn't live up to his over-payed contract in eight games.

Javon Walker and his 13 catches however, would have been a great person to use to send that message. :D

...Maybe Al will start realizing that just because you pay a player like a ProBowler, it doesn't mean he'll play like one.

To those who don't understand why Hall got burned so bad... Teams were throwing to Asomugha less than twice a game. Because Rob Ryan's defense is entirely man-coverage, that means that almost every pass to a #1 or #2 WR in a game against Oakland was being thrown at Hall.

So, do the Raiders feel like they have a better option to take the other side?

So, do the Raiders feel like they have a better option to take the other side?

No, they just don't think Hall should have been giving up so many yards for that much money.

Stanford Routt and Chris Johnson will rotate that #2 CB, and I guarantee you they'll get torched way more than Hall was.