[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

buying a wii

Azazello1313

so over the weekend, the wife and I decided we may as well have one of these damnable things, as they can be kinda fun when you have family over and such. so, first stop, amazon.com. got a bunch of swindlers selling them at a hundred bucks over retail, and that's about it. chit, am I going to have to actually go into stores hoping to find one of these? because if so, no thanks. but wait, they've got this little thing where you can enter your cell number and they text you when they get them in stock. ok, what the hell. so, 12:45 I sign up. 10 minutes later I get a text saying they have some in stock going up at 1:00. at 1:00 I go to amazon and buy one. $249 with no tax and free shipping, and I didn't even have to stampede over a walmart greeter.

Are there any decent games for the Wii? I've seen them in several friends' homes, but the games look downright Atari 2600 like???

The graphics are essentially the same as the GameCube from last generation. It's more about the movement. There are some good games for the Wii, but there are a ton of blech games. Most of the first-party "Nintendo" games are very good.

We bought one about a month ago. Tar-jay had a ton of them. Man, these things are fun as anything. I may be getting old, but I can't imagine going back to pressing A-B-C in the right order the fastest again.

Only games we have so far are the sports game you get with it and the another sports game I bought in order to get a free extra controller. Both are awesome. I still need to look into more games some day but these sports ones are keeping us occupied just fine for now.