[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL - Fantasy Recaps

RussMan

I just stumbled across this today. If you have MyFantasyLeague go to the link REPORTS > Franchise > Fantasy Recaps.

Gives automated recaps of each matchup. I purposely tanked last week to get the playoff matchup I wanted, it almost backfired I only lost by a point after all my benchwarmers scored TD's, LOL.

----------------------------------

(MyFantasyLeague.com Fantasy Times Sources - Dec 1, 2008) In a week 13 Ann Arbor Fantasy Football League intra-divisional rivalry, Man Eating Cows squeaked by a tough RussMan's Raiders team by a score of 90 to 89, behind the support of 71,818 faithful fans.

Man Eating Cows were led to their 1 point victory by a They stepped up and made the plays," RussMan's Raiders coach RussMan said.

Compounding the issue, RussMan's Raiders could have scored 181 points and gotten the win with their best lineup, but RussMan left key players like Steve Slaton and his corresponding 30 points on the bench.

Man Eating Cows took advantage of their schedule this week, as their point total would have gone for a loss against 7 out of 8 other potential opponents in week 13.

This brings the record for Man Eating Cows to 4-9, and drops RussMan's Raiders to a record of 8-5.

Not a fan of tanking myself, I think the other teams have the right to expect each owner to be trying their best each week. Not a fan of the mFL recaps either - read a couple of them, they are cranked out by the site by rote and don't make for very good reading.

You guys, he made a thread last week about the tanking, let's keep this on topic.

The Recaps are cute, but I write my own original ones for my local . . . it's a lot cooler and more personalized. Moreover, I have a BIG issue with the way they describe the teams--my recaps sustain the illusion that the two fantasy teams are out there on the gridiron. What's the point of, say, this snippet?

RussMan's Raiders were helped out in a losing cause by a 17 point effort from the Minnesota Vikings Defensive Team. With this performance, the Vikings was the number 6 ranked defensive team for week 13. They also got help from a 17 point effort from Jason Witten, who beat the Seattle Seahawks defense for 115 receiving yards and 1 receiving td.

So, RussMan's Raiders lost to the Man Eating Cows, but got a good effort from . . . the Vikings? And also, their TE Jason Witten, who played well against . . . the Seahawks? This makes no sense, and totally ruins the whole point of the exercise. I usually say something more like:

RussMan's Raiders tried to keep it close with a great defensive effort, taking down the QB (X) times and generating (Y) turnovers. They also got a great effort from TE Jason Witten, who racked up 115 receiving yards and snagged a touchdown.

Now IIRC, MFL has said that this year's recaps are supposed to be like an alpha version, just a framework to see if it can be done. I'll be interested to see if they flesh these out any more for 2009.

Peace

policy

You tanked? How did that effect other teams trying to get into the playoffs?

The playoff teams were already set. I was just attempting to get the first round matchup I wanted. Very difficult to put in a linuep to try and lose... I hate losing.

As far as the recap reports go,

You know that you can edit the part where it says, ""var recapWeek = 13; They stepped up and made the plays," RussMan's Raiders coach RussMan said.", don't you?

It is more fun to put some crazy sheet in there for others to read. I am a fan of this report and I check them everyweek.

As far as the recap reports go,

You know that you can edit the part where it says, ""var recapWeek = 13; They stepped up and made the plays," RussMan's Raiders coach RussMan said.", don't you?

It is more fun to put some crazy sheet in there for others to read. I am a fan of this report and I check them everyweek.

Sweet!

Dancin' Homers were helped out in a losing cause by a 23.50 point effort from Jon Beason, who beat the Green Bay Packers offense for 9 tackles and 1 interception. With this performance, Beason was the number 5 ranked defensive linebacker for week 13. They also got help from a 21.00 point effort from Rob Bironas, who snuck past the Detroit Lions defense for 4 field goals made and 5 extra points.

"I'm pissed, we needed this game for the playoffs," Dancin' Homers coach Zooty/ Jesse said.

But I'm not sure how Bironas "snuck by" the defense. :wacko: