[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vacations to space to start in 2009

Riffraff

Add this to a list of things I'd like to do. When the pricetag comes way down.

It's a local venture, in Bothell Washington.

Virtuoso Virgin Galactic

Wiki info

You’ve Explored the Far Corners of the Globe.

Now, Venture into Space.

Be among the world’s first space tourists to experience the thrill of sub-orbital space travel.

Expected to begin in 2009, a handful of intrepid travelers will go where few have gone before. Boarding Virgin Galactic’s six-passenger spaceship, they will hurtle – at over three times the speed of sound – through the edges of the atmosphere into a universe heretofore unknown. They’ll experience the exhilarating freedom of weightlessness and the impossible-to-describe sensation of viewing our world from an otherworldly perspective.

Edited by Riffraff

I call BS, no way an authentic Virgin Atlantic site would look that bad. :D

Calling Twiley! Apparently Richard Branson needs some creativity! :wacko:

Website looks better in IE than in Firefox (for me at least). Besides "Atlantic" is so earthly, we're talking "Galactic."

I call BS, no way an authentic Virgin Atlantic site would look that bad. :wacko:

well, in the site's defense, it doesn't claim to be a Virgin Atlantic website. It is the website of some woman who claims to be one of a limited number of authorized travel agents who can book these flights.

well, in the site's defense, it doesn't claim to be a Virgin Atlantic website. It is the website of some woman who claims to be one of a limited number of authorized travel agents who can book these flights.

Aha, now that makes sense, but one would think that being authorized to sell something that huge would dictate a little professional marketing assistance.

Who's gonna drop the dough on an agency whose website looks like a 6th-grade school project? :wacko:

Edited by cre8tiff

I call BS, no way an authentic Virgin Atlantic site would look that bad. :D

Calling Twiley! Apparently Richard Branson needs some creativity! :wacko:

The graphic on the right reminds me of the CGI every Sci-Fi film uses to show something exploding in space. :D

You guys best not mess with my green wimmins.

The graphic on the right reminds me of the CGI every Sci-Fi film uses to show something exploding in space. :D

You guys best not mess with my green wimmins.

I know the guy that developed that algorithm for making explosions and things like smoke realistic. He has a company called Wondertouch

Classic nerd, great guy. Cuts his own hair with dog clippers. :wacko: