[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crazy Talk

cre8tiff

In redraft leagues, it is always "what have you done for me lately". In one in particular I have an interesting problem.

Whether or not to drop Portis or Turner for someone with a cupcake matchup (Hightower -- because we are limited to three total RBs each in the league, he will be on the ww tomorrow).

So despite the fact both these guys have netted me TONS of points (I also have AP, but thats another story), I have to consider whether combination of them will outscore the combination of one of them and Hightower v the Lambs for the remainder of the season (3 games).

Again, this is a total points league, no head-to-head. I am in third place (the last money slot), 100 pts out of second, and the 4th place team is 100 pts behind me.

It is hard to believe I am the only one that runs into this quandry at the end of the season.

Any of you having the same sort of struggle to let go of your mass producer for matchup in the final push to win?

I'm not in any leagues that restricts us to 3 RBs. Lowest we're allowed is 5. If Hightower's rest of season EOS is better than Portis, I might do that. He's severally dinged and hampering squads.

I'm not in any leagues that restricts us to 3 RBs. Lowest we're allowed is 5. If Hightower's rest of season EOS is better than Portis, I might do that. He's severally dinged and hampering squads.

You know the EOS feature IS right nice. It points to Turner actually having a worst schedule than either of those two. (If Portis will be able to play versus CIN that is). Dang this just got harder.

I remember when Yo Mama put up a GREAT article on platooning, before he stopped writing.

+1...and it sounds like a pretty cool league set-up...lots of strategy involved.

I bet the Marion Barber owner is in a simialr quandy....Barber is dinged, gets Pittsburgh this week, and the Giants next week.

I'd roll the dice, and take a run at Hightower...they should be up early on the Rams, and run a ton. Can you then drop Hightoer next week when he faces Minnesota?

+1...and it sounds like a pretty cool league set-up...lots of strategy involved.

I bet the Marion Barber owner is in a simialr quandy....Barber is dinged, gets Pittsburgh this week, and the Giants next week.

I'd roll the dice, and take a run at Hightower...they should be up early on the Rams, and run a ton. Can you then drop Hightoer next week when he faces Minnesota?

Yup, $2 a transaction. Hillis is also on the board. So picking up one, then dropping for the other is definately in the cards. (Even though that will be in violation of my solemn vow not to rely on ANY DEN RB.)

Edited by cre8tiff

Oh gosh, pick up Hillis. That guy is like somebody coming over to your house and dropping off free money. Normally I would avoid th Denver backfield situation, except that in this case there is no backfield situation, just Hillis.

what was the move?

Dropped Portis. He has a better matchup than Turner next week, but kingfish made an excellent point in another thread the Wash offense is tanking as a whole.

Also, one of my opponents may elect to drop an RB to pick him up on the massive points he has accumulated (they sometimes shop that way). In order to do that they have to drop someone else. The guy ahead of me and behind me are RB-tight. If they want him, they will have to drop T jones, Slaton or Gore to pick him up. And I'll pick one of them up.

If someone out of the running gets him, no harm, no foul.

Edited by cre8tiff