[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why do people hate Philip Rivers?

Capt. Stanky

Passing Leader - You like him or hate him

MARTY wanted out and sabotaged the whole thing to make sure it happened. He let both coordinators walk and then insisted on hiring his brother. He was told years before that that was a no go.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Passing Leader - You like him or hate him

MARTY wanted out and sabotaged the whole thing to make sure it happened. He let both coordinators walk and then insisted on hiring his brother. He was told years before that that was a no go.

It's all Marty's fault. :wacko:

He didn't make the decisions. The GM did. Sure they had trouble working together but letting the OC's walk show he is better at finding player talent than head coaches.

:D

I really enjoy seeing the Chargers fans jump to defend Rivers. If there are this many people that just don't like the guy, do you think they are all wrong, and you are correct, OR do you think that perhaps your view is tainted because he plays for your favorite team ? :wacko:

As for me, I don't hate the guy, as I don't know enough about him. However, I enjoy seeing him fail, because I think he is an arrogant & annoying punk.

Chargers fans should be embarrassed. How this team is going to lose the division to the Broncos is beyond me, considering their talent.

I truly believe that this team goes 11-5 minimum, with Marty as the head coach.

Edited by Menudo

:D

I really enjoy seeing the Chargers fans jump to defend Rivers. If there are this many people that just don't like the guy, do you think they are all wrong, and you are correct, OR do you think that perhaps your view is tainted because he plays for your favorite team ? :wacko:

As for me, I don't hate the guy, as I don't know enough about him. However, I enjoy seeing him fail, because I think he is an arrogant & annoying punk.

Chargers fans should be embarrassed. How this team is going to lose the division to the Broncos is beyond me, considering their talent.

I truly believe that this team goes 11-5 minimum, with Marty as the head coach.

Probably and there is nothing wrong with that. See Hines Ward. :D

And do you really think the majority of Charger fans wanted Norv Turner? And it was very obvious that Marty had burned some bridges with AJ Smith and he was out regardless of what us fans thought, so that doesn't even matter. Yep we are a under-achieving team with Norv at the realms...and that won't change next year either. Way to screw it up Charger brass!!!

Chargers fans should be embarrassed.

I'm just a fan. I don't hold myself accountable for how the organization does or how the team performs. :wacko:

As soon as they start asking my advice I'll let you know.

Edited by rebdog

Me too.

I didn't say no one outside PITT likes him, just the vocal majority.

I liked him until that Rivers hit. I like his toughness and their WR's blocking as well as they do. I thought that hit was unnecessary and a regular hard hit would have been fine. He launched himself on a player that didn't see it coming. If he had done the same face to face I would have been fine with it. It reminded me of the Sapp/Clifton hit.

I lost respect for him then. Before that I was a fan.

A lot of people like the way he plays, not just Steelers fans.

I can only tell you that I've seen coverage of multiple post-game press conferences here in San Diego where he has stated very clearly that he made mistakes, needed to play better, and was a major reason for a team loss.

well he's certainly had a lot of opportunities to take blame for a chargers loss lately. already 8 opportunities this year, in fact.

I'm just a fan. I don't hold myself accountable for how the organization does or how the team performs. :D

As soon as they start asking my advice I'll let you know.

That wasn't what I meant, and I'm guessing that you knew that. :wacko:

Beat me to it.

Pretty much, only PITT fans like that guy. I can see the same happening to Brandon Marshall some day cuz he too likes to hit LBs and secondary when he's out blocking for another WR.

I don't believe that to be even close to the truth. In fact, there was a post on another message board asking who everyone's favorite Non-homer team player was, and Hines Ward got LOTS of votes. There was also a post asking who everyone's least favorite Non-homer team player was, Ward was mentioned a couple of times, but, Phillip Rivers was the easy, no-doubt-about-it, run away winner.