[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

yankees, the best team in sports history....

leprachaun

You say Pedro is a punkass?

How about Nelson and Garcia .. This from the local news “Boston police formally sought a criminal complaint against two New York Yankees' players over the alleged beating of a Fenway Park groundskeeper this month”… There are some punkasses!

Your rantings, however, don’t bother us Sox Fans.. We still believe in our hometeam.. And in a few days, you will be on the Marlins bandwagon anyway. That’s the beauty of being from a state with no major sports team.. You can pick the one that wins and call yourself a (insert team name here) fan..

Now I think I’ll go have some of that Clam Chowda. Shoo! Pest.

jester keep on believin'. wait till NEXT year! or is it the year after that i get confused. oh well, they haven't one one in my or my parents lifetime so who really cares.

yeah, a guy in "BILOXI" is bragging on the yanks! a true sports fan would know that just because you are from a certain area doesn't automatically make that team your favorite. i have been a yanks fan since '84. i guess i should jump on the braves bandwagon since i'm from the south huh, and go tommahawk chopping around the neighborhood.

yes pedro is a punk ass ***** ! he started the whole thing because he is a big titty baby bawling and can't handle it when he starts to get rocked.

as for the one intelligent individual who responded. i think they are making a mistake too messing with torre. even i hate steinbrenner. all you others can "wait'll next year!" while the yankees go on to win their 27th. cool_thu it's all just sour grapes on your part's anyway. have fun watching the yanks win...AGAIN! head_ban

leprechaun, that post is aperfecet example of why people do not like Yankees and their fans.

The classless smugness of buying world championships gets old. I do not blame George, he is only playing by the rules he is given, but my GOD you make it seem like the money disparity make no difference.

When you have 6-8 players making over $10 million a season, and no other team has more than 3, something is really wrong. At the same time, the teams who have 3 are overspending as well.

The Yankees can and do buy championships. The thing I find amusing is that the fams act like *ssholes because of it.

Drop $80 million from your payorll and I guarantee it's Sox/Marlins right now.

The high and mighty sh*t has got to go.

At least I can understand Yankees fans if they are from New York...

But if you're from somewhere else, and you try to justify it as "I've been a fan since x" or "My grandfather is from New York"... don't fool yourself. You root for the Yankees because you're too lazy to root for anyone else.

Must be tough, sweating it out every year for the team that everyone knows is going to win anyway. You earned that right to gloat. Enjoy it. :D

You can't even catch more than 10 ESPN Wednesday/Sunday Night games a year in Biloxi. You watch the playoffs and call yourself a fan. What a tool.

Hey Packfan, by the times the games come on my TV, you wouldn't feel that way.

East Coast -- Monday Night Football starts at 9:00 (ends about 12:30-1:00am), those playoff games started at 8:18pm (so what kid can actually see a whole world series game if he's on the east coast???)

The west coast actually rules the times, the east coast just happens to have better teams. :D

I'm kidding.

Please do us all a favor, and don't refer to other poster's intelligence or lack thereof right after you've typed "they haven't ONE ONE in my or my parents lifetime". Please don't try to say it was a typo, cuz you missed on all three letters. As for the Yanks, while I never liked them, yes, I think they're the most successful franchise in sports history. 26 championships in just over 100 years is pretty incredible, but you're still an arrogant moron. If the Yanks win, do us a favor and try to show a little class, and if they lose, I'm guessing you'll disappear from the board for a while, but I hope you'll have the nads to take your lumps.

Ok Leprechaun.. Since it looked so scary to y'all and y'all are upset by the pitch (which by the way with Big Bad Scarey Pedro's "Pin Point" - as so many of you allude to - accuracy merely grazed his back and may have been a strike if it only hit the bat) I will concede that he was out of line. But it's not like EVERY pitcher hasn't done that to some degree so don't act like it is unheard of..

Now, you address my comment about Nelson and Garcia who now have criminal complaints filed against them because they assaulted a non-player for "taunting" them. I noticed you blew that off.. I'm not surprised.. And if you justify it by saying it happened on the field, etc.. don't bother.. you really are a moron like the last poster says!

And I know you don't understand but we Red Sox fans will be back next year and we will continue to root until they do win.. "Sour grapes" Maybe, but not because we lost to the Yankees, it could have been anyone.. we're sour because our team (including the coach) let it slip away.. Regardless, No matter how many tries it takes, we will be there and OH how sweet it will be to do it without buying it! Steinbrenner is just a glorified PIMP!

i don't condone what nelson and garcia did. that was classless if indeed they did beat up that red sox grounds keeper merely for cheering for his team. none of us were in that bull pen, so none of us really knows exactly what happened. my point was that none of it would have ever happened if pedro hadn't thrown at garcia to begin with. not to mention if manny ramirez hadn't had a ****ing cow when rocket threw a pitch that was high but was nowhere near being inside. if you say pedro doesn't throw at the yankees more than any other pitcher in the league then you must not watch baseball. soriano and jeter never charged the mound or said anything when pedro hit them both in the hands during the regular season in consecutive at bats.

Take another look at both instances you mentioned.. Both Jeter and Soriano were clearly crowding the plate... Pedro always protects the inside of the plate and the Yankees know it so by crowding the plate they put themselves at risk to the inside pitch. Pedro is no angel but stop crying for the poor Yankees..

Oh.. few of us are so blind as not to realize that Manny was a meathead for his overreaction.. and the bullpen incident was near the end of the game.. if they hadn't cooled off by then, they're in the wrong profession. Don't put that one on "the pitch." It was pure dumbass bravado on their part and they deserve the legal ramifications.

if they attacked a fan simply for backing his team then yes, they do deserve whatever they get. red sox in 6, i respect you for having an intelligent debate with me on this. both teams were at fault. the more i look at what pedro did when zimmer charged him, the more i really don't think he did anything wrong. i mean if a man charges at you with his hands up like he's gonna hit you, no matter what his age, what are you supposed to do? it's not like pedro punched him in the face and then stomped the crap out of him or anything. he was just defending himself. i just had a problem with him throwing behind garcia and then threatening to hit posada in the head. i'm not crying for the poor yankees either. clemens will throw at you too, and i'm really surprised he kept his cool during all that. i don't have a problem with brush back pitches, but i don't think it was total coincidence that pedro picked jeter and soriano to throw at. at the time they were the 2 best hitters on new york's team. everybody knows that the book on soriano is to thow him low and outside and he will chase it every time. GOD he has sucked in the post season. he is way to aggresive for a lead off hitter! throwing blatantly behind someone is a little different to me than a brush back pitch in my opinion. i think if pitchers had to bat in the AL there might be a lot less of that stuff. i don't think pedro wants a 100 mph fast ball thrown at his head and that is probably what he would've gotten from rocket if he had come to the plate. good intelligent debate red sox in 6, thanks. thumbs_u

as for ATOMIC CEO, i guess i should've put new york as where i was from on my posts. then i guess i would be "ALOWED" to be a yankee fan. i have 2 friends in baton rouge, one is a die hard bo sox fan and one is a cleveland indian fan. my dad has been a chicago white sox fan since he was a little kid and is a bigger fan of them than i'll ever be a yankee fan. i guess i have to inform them all they are not allowed to be fans of those teams since they are not from those areas. WHATEVER! :D

as for JOE 6 PACK, i wouldn't be making the gay sexual references as much y'all have taken it in the ass from the yanks over the years. yawn

and as for ROVER, if you don't think it was a typo that i typed the same word twice in a row, and you really don't think i know how to spell the word "WON," and that i don't know the difference between the meanings of the words "won" and "one," then you are a bigger idiot than anyone who has posted here. :rolleyes:

if the marlins do win the series, then hats off to them. no one gave them a chance to beat the giants or the cubbies either. i admire them for their determination and confidence. oh, and i will be here to take my lumps if the yankees lose. an AL pennant is nothing to sneeze at. :D

just so were clear, if the bo sox had gone to the series i would have been pulling for them. i am an AL fan and i ALWAYS pull for the AL team in the series. the bo sox aren't even my most hated team in baseball...the braves are. stop the ****ing chop! angry

You start off by saying "Go cry in your chowder, dead sox fans", and then you say that if the Yankees lost, you'd be rooting for the Red Sox?

You're not really a fan of any team. No wonder you're just rooting for the team most likely to win. You have no idea what being a fan is. This is very typical of the loudest "Yankee fans".

No offense, but the next time the most die-hard fans in all of sports are greiving over a terrible playoff loss... keep your asinine non-fan jabs to yourself.

Just to chime in on the "throwing at people" bit...

I saw every one of those instances (I watch most of the Sox games, and all of the Sox-Yankee games).

The pitches that hit Jeter and Soriano were fine. They were crowding the plate, and in both cases tried to swing the bat at the ball. They caused the contact.

I am not saying that Pedro doesn't throw at people. he does. These 2 particular cases were not Pedro throwing at the hitters. Pure brush back pitches that the hitters moved into.

In the case of Garcia, the only thing that caused the pitch to be near his head was that he scrunched down and backed into it.

Wait...Pedro was wrong for throwing behind the guy. No question.

BUT...and that's an important but, it was thrown at the guy's numbers and not his head. That's a very important distinction.

Roger throws at heads. Pedro throws at the numbers.

But I love watching them both!

Great series, BTW. Can't wait until next year.