[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Getting ready for my golf draft...

Squeegiebo

Outside of the obvious young guys like Kim and Villegas, I think Hunter Mahon will have a big year.

Some guys off the radar farther, Steve Marino started out on fire the first few months of the year, slowed down half way thru. Brent Snedeker, Jeff McQuinney. DJ Trahan.

Dustin Johnson could be someone had late in a draft that could have a good year.

Some older guys that make a lot of cuts that aren't bigger names, Briny Baird, Heath Slocum.

Outside of the obvious young guys like Kim and Villegas, I think Hunter Mahon will have a big year.

Some guys off the radar farther, Steve Marino started out on fire the first few months of the year, slowed down half way thru. Brent Snedeker, Jeff McQuinney. DJ Trahan.

Dustin Johnson could be someone had late in a draft that could have a good year.

Some older guys that make a lot of cuts that aren't bigger names, Briny Baird, Heath Slocum.

+1

But, I guess that's why I asked how "deep" the league was... I don't really think of any of those guys as sleepers, unless your draft only goes 30 players deep. Brandt Snedeker won in 2007 and finished third in this year's Masters. Jeff Quinney had three top-tens this year, including solo third at The Players Championship. Trahan and Mahan are both top-30 on the money list, and Quinney (38) and Marino (34) are not far behind. Dustin Johnson has quietly won nearly 2 million this year... It doesn't hurt that he recently won (in October). Even before that million-dollar payout, though, he still had 3 top-10's this year.

Another guy who is roughly on the same tier as those mentioned above is Andres Romero... first-time winner this year, who has a knack for finishing near the top in major tournaments... 8th at the Masters, 7th at the PGA, and 3rd at the 2007 British.

Some others who are maybe a tier below those already mentioned:

Nicholas Thompson

Matt Jones

Johnson Wagner (Won in 2008)

Matthew Goggin

Ryan Palmer (Won in 2008)

Parker McLachlin (Won in 2008)

Kevin Streelman

John Merrick

John Mallinger

Will Mackenzie

Thanks guys.

We're a 12 team league this year - not sure how many rounds we're gonna go. In the past, we've had 10 teams and drafted 18 rounds ( :wacko: ), so we go pretty deep into the talent pool.

ETA: We draft and hold for the season (can do an add/drop every 5 weeks). Play five each week (lineups submitted after round one). Weeks in which there are 2 events (e.g., WGC event and some low-rent PGA event), we score both events.

Edited by Squeegiebo

• 2 months later...
Got the 10th pick out of 11 teams. :wacko:

Leonard

Ogilvy

Ames

Z. Johnson

Perez

Crane

Merrick

Karlsson

Oberholser

Watney

M. Allen

Clarke

Adamonis

Stroud

Tomasulo

Kaymer

I'm not super-psyched about it.

So, you have to be pretty happy so far, considering Ogilvy, Johnson, and Watney all have wins, no? :D

• 3 months later...

Good call on Johnson... that guy can hit it a mile. :wacko: An early win, two other top-10's, nearly 2 million in earnings half-way through the season, and 9th in the FedEx Cup standings. Not bad.

Baird is one of those guys who always seems to be in the mix, yet that ever-elusive first win has yet to come. He's made a cool 10 million on tour for his career, including four runner-up finishes, and ranks 28th on tour this year in the FedEx Cup standings.

+1

But, I guess that's why I asked how "deep" the league was... I don't really think of any of those guys as sleepers, unless your draft only goes 30 players deep. Brandt Snedeker won in 2007 and finished third in this year's Masters. Jeff Quinney had three top-tens this year, including solo third at The Players Championship. Trahan and Mahan are both top-30 on the money list, and Quinney (38) and Marino (34) are not far behind. Dustin Johnson has quietly won nearly 2 million this year... It doesn't hurt that he recently won (in October). Even before that million-dollar payout, though, he still had 3 top-10's this year.

Another guy who is roughly on the same tier as those mentioned above is Andres Romero... first-time winner this year, who has a knack for finishing near the top in major tournaments... 8th at the Masters, 7th at the PGA, and 3rd at the 2007 British.

Nicholas Thompson

Matt Jones

Matthew Goggin

Kevin Streelman

John Merrick

John Mallinger

Will Mackenzie

Merrick and Mallinger both looks like they're going to have break-out years as well... Mallinger has three top-10's in his last six events, including T3 at The Players. Merrick also has three top-10's this year, including T6 at The Masters. Both have earned a million plus halfway through the season, which is pretty good considering neither has won yet.

Got the 10th pick out of 11 teams. :wacko:

Leonard

Ogilvy

Ames

Z. Johnson

Perez

Crane

Merrick

Karlsson

Oberholser

Watney

M. Allen

Clarke

Adamonis

Stroud

Tomasulo

Kaymer

I'm not super-psyched about it.

You have to be doing pretty well, I would think, considering you have #1, #2, and #6 in the FedEx Cup standings....

Rank/Last week Events Pts Top 10 Pts behind

1 1 Zach Johnson 13 1,525 4

2 2 Geoff Ogilvy 10 1,431 3 94

6 6 Nick Watney 12 1,236 3 289

16 14 Pat Perez 12 791 2 734

32 28 John Merrick 14 591 3 934

35 34 Justin Leonard 13 582 4 943

37 37 Ben Crane 13 531 3 994

64 60 Stephen Ames 11 368 2 1,157

+1

Nicholas Thompson

Matt Jones

Matthew Goggin

Kevin Streelman

John Merrick

John Mallinger

Will Mackenzie

I just saw this thread. Nicholas Thompson is the cousin of a good friend of mine. His putting really needs to improve for him to take the next step. I hope he does come around soon.

You have to be doing pretty well, I would think, considering you have #1, #2, and #6 in the FedEx Cup standings....

Rank/Last week Events Pts Top 10 Pts behind

1 1 Zach Johnson 13 1,525 4

2 2 Geoff Ogilvy 10 1,431 3 94

6 6 Nick Watney 12 1,236 3 289

16 14 Pat Perez 12 791 2 734

32 28 John Merrick 14 591 3 934

35 34 Justin Leonard 13 582 4 943

37 37 Ben Crane 13 531 3 994

64 60 Stephen Ames 11 368 2 1,157

Yeppers. A month ago, I had what appeared to be an insurmountable lead. Then my guys went cold and a fell into 2nd. Am back on top for now.