[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Iphone question

polksalet

My buddy's wfe bought a 3giphone at least I think that is what she told me. It isbrand new model if that helps. Anyhow, she says she has to hook up to his computer to download mp3 from the apple website. Arent these these basically minicomputers and shouldnt they be able to download songs without hooking up to a laptop?

Edited by polksalet

My buddy's wfe bought a 3giphone at least I think that is what she told me. It isbrand new model if that helps. Anyhow, she says she has to hook up to his computer to download mp3 from the apple website. Arent these these basically minicomputers and shouldnt they be able to download songs without hooking up to a laptop?

Yes, you can simply click on the itune icon on the "desktop" of the iphone and DL via the 3G network.

As has been mentioned, you can connect to the itunes store if you are on wifi.

In a sense they are mini computers, but in another sense they are meant to be an extension of your computer as opposed to a separate system. There is a lot of functionality that can be gained by pairing an iPhone with a mac running the newest OS, and iTunes is a very well thought out system for managing the device. The only content iTunes deals with directly is the music and video. other things such as photos, the calendar, contacts, etc are deal with in other applications and synced with the phone. The reason for using the computer for managing the content is that it can hold more, and what is needed for whenever you are not home can be synced on the phone and brought along.

The system works great for me :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
to get to the itunes music store, you will need a wi-fi connection.

announced today that you can now connect to the itunes music store over the 3G cellular network as well. no wi-fi required.

:wacko:

also announced that apple is moving all 10 million of its songs to be DRM-free ...