[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In some ways, my favorite week of the season

detlef

I've played FF for 12 years and have made the play-offs in at least one league all twelve of those. I think I've only missed out on the finals 4 or 5 times total. Thus, this week is often the only one that I don't have to worry about. As 1pm approaches, I don't have to freak out about whether my guy is a last minute scratch or rethink, yet again, whether I should go with Jets or Ravens D.

Just kick back and watch some ball. Root for one team or another, not trip about who scores or, even worse, root for a team to make it to the red zone and then stall so you're f'ing kicker can get you 3 instead of 1.

I've played FF for 12 years and have made the play-offs in at least one league all twelve of those. I think I've only missed out on the finals 4 or 5 times total. Thus, this week is often the only one that I don't have to worry about. As 1pm approaches, I don't have to freak out about whether my guy is a last minute scratch or rethink, yet again, whether I should go with Jets or Ravens D.

Just kick back and watch some ball. Root for one team or another, not trip about who scores or, even worse, root for a team to make it to the red zone and then stall so you're f'ing kicker can get you 3 instead of 1.

+1 It's the time of year we can be true football fans again.

I was just sitting here thinking the exact same thing. I love fantasy football, which is why I play, but, it can be frustrating and stressful at times. It is nice to get this break in Week 17, especially with so many crucial games going on, which makes this like an extra playoff week.

I'm ready for a nice, relaxing day of watching football. :wacko:

With the Dolphins/Jets game in 3+ hours, I haven't felt so sick to my stomach in about 5 years.

Same with me and the Bears and Vikings games.

Yep, the butterflies in the stomach that come along with playoff football. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, I'll have to wait two weeks for that, as today's game doesn't mean too much for my Steelers.

with five championship losses in two seasons, this is the week where i find myself saying, "oh, NOW you score. where was that last week?"

That was a lot of fun at the end of the 1:00PM games. I had the Red Zone channel on and it went from:

1. Longwell kicking the division winner for the Vikes

2. Kasay kicking the division winner for the Panthers

3. Bears scoring a TD and attempting an onside kick

4. Garcia trying to lead the Bucs to a playoff securing win, which didn't happen

That was a lot of fun, and there are some great 4:00 games coming on, then a win to get in game tonight.

Damn, I love this stuff !!!!

:wacko:

I run 3 local leagues and this is the 1st time since 2002 I haven't made a bowl in at least 1 of the 3 leauges.

The time before that was 1993.

So I have been in at least one bowl in every year since 1993 except 2002 and 2008.

A very wierd feeling indeed...almost didn't want to get up this morning except I had to...to run the other 3 leagues.

For fun we will see how my team in the league I sat Rivers last week costing me a shot at the title this week will fare.

Rivers

Tomlinson

S-Jackson (18 pts)

R-Moss (0 pts)

S-Smith (3 pts)

B-Marshall

Prater

Peppers (1 pt)

J-Porter

C-Bailey

ST - Blackmon (0 pts)

My opp would have had

Warner

Westbrook

L-Johnson (0 pts)

Colston (9 pts)

Fitzgerald

Owens

Gostkowski (7 pts)

Abraham (0 pts)

Vrabel (1 pt)

Cromartie

ST - Sproles

with five championship losses in two seasons, this is the week where i find myself saying, "oh, NOW you score. where was that last week?"

Then there's that. My WR trio of Roddy White, Cal Johnson, and Andre Johnson who got me a total of about 90 yards and no TDs in my very tight championship game loss went for a combined 300 and 5 TDs today. :wacko: