[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Excel question

CaP'N GRuNGe

Anybody know if it's possible to copy and paste subtotals so you only paste the visible subtotals and not the hidden rows with the detail? I'm using Office 2007. I've never been able to do this in the past. I think...

just make the new cell = to a value in a different cell.

If this is something that you will be doing often, you can add the "Select Visible Cells Only" to a toolbar and then all you have to do is highlight the data you want, click the button on the toolbar, then ctrl-c.

I do it all the time.

Thanks - that will help a lot when I'm doing the monthly budget forecast. :wacko:

On a separate note, since I obviously don't see the worksheet you are working with or know what ype of data you are working with, but any reason you are using the subtotal function and not a PivotTable?

I tend to avoid them as I have never really sat down to figure them out. I can use them if someone else has set them up already.

If this is something that you will be doing often, you can add the "Select Visible Cells Only" to a toolbar and then all you have to do is highlight the data you want, click the button on the toolbar, then ctrl-c.

I do it all the time.

Winner-winner, chicken dinner. I add that icon first thing when setting up a new PC or new version of Excel.

On a separate note, since I obviously don't see the worksheet you are working with or know what ype of data you are working with, but any reason you are using the subtotal function and not a PivotTable?

Amen, depending on what you're doing.

Grungie - pivot tables are really a snap. Since you've got your data in enough of a tabular format to use subtotals, pivot tables won't take you more than ten minutes of playing to figure out.