[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking for software

tazinib1

Seriously?

It sounds like you've no skill for this and even less desire? Does your company care if their "marketing" is ineffective and unprofessional?

Well I have the desire but yes, you are correct....I have no "skill" per say. At any rate, I'll be learning on the fly. I'd like to send you a sample of what I did last week and you can tell me if you still feel the same way.

Seriously...if you want templates and artwork, go to adbuilder.com. Poke around, and if you like what you see you can get a monthly subscription to access the content there and you can use the templates in Multi-Ad Creator. It's not super well known, but it's a nice program. The content is plentiful and these people have been doing online content as long as anyone. Their typical customers are newspapers and the like, but they have plenty for everyone.

For somone that's getting tossed into this arena without any background, it's a resource full of content built by professional graphics people. It's not going to be the best stuff possible, but then that's because you are not getting into paying agency fees for custom work. It's just good, serviceable content.

I didn't look at it yet, but, umm, when you say industry, do you mean graphic design? If so, what's the appeal of it to a designer?

It has lots of appeal. There is a ton of artwork there. It's not just a template resource.

And "In the Industry" does not just apply to designers. Many companies use the service to save time and cost on low margin design projects, and people in Taz's position that aren;t really designers can get a lot of help from it. It's all professional quality material, so unless you are a high priced agency snob a service such as this can provide value in many situations.

Sorry, I didn't understand "in the industry".

you don't have to be an art snob to not use a service like that. Again, I haven't reviewed it, so I can't comment further on it, but good design isn't just "professional quality material" arranged tactfully, it's also understanding the industry and it's constituents and figuring out a successful way of getting the appropriate message across. While this service may have value in helping people gather quality material at low cost, I can't imagine that it'd help with knowing what message to deliver and how to do so.

As much as it might have sounded like a snub, I do not mean the reference "High Priced Agency Snob" to be one. I understand where you are coming from. I have been "in the business" for over 15 years. There are many levels of the business, and clearly there are many people that do not perceive the benefit of paying for customer design on things. The fact is that in many arenas a piece will not have the shelf life or the ability to generate enough business to justify the cost of something thoughtfully and artfully crafted. A significant portion of retail print advertising falls into this category. Other industries have the ability to be more stable and thoughtful with their messages as opposed to just needing to get the sale prices out there as quickly and cheaply as possible.

Different strokes and all that :wacko:

I'd be happy to enlist the services of my agency if you need a proposal on a successful marketing and advertising campaign.

If you want to use a hack program and attempt to do what I do successfully and professionally then by all means use that program. :wacko:

The way I see it, if someone needs to get info into the market place more than once, then they should have a brand/image that they follow on all pieces.

I respect some online company's right to do business as they see fit, but to perpetuate the idea that cohesive message amongst all marketing materials is overkill and expensive only damages the industry that they're in. Again, I haven't explored that website, but that's what I'm getting from your post. If that site doesn't promote good marketing, then their clients will slowly turn to crappy clip art plopped into MS Publisher and call it good and destroy their own customer base.

The site contains content. It is not a marketing professional. I really don't see what the issue is... :wacko:

Taz is not a marketing professional or a designer. He just got the job tucked to him, as happens often. If he has to do this work without that training or without being able to hire someone that does have it, then pontificating in his direction about promoting a cohesive message in an ad campaign isn't going to help him as far as I can tell. The website with content might.

I was talking to you, not Taz.

I fully understand having to do what you have to do, even if you can't do it. I'm not saying that site is bad, I did say it sounds like a good resource for him, but you and I were having a seperate discussion. I'm sorry I went off-course and I'll try to prevent that from happening again.

I see.

Well, from my perspective I don't advocate people that need professional work trying to do it an their own. You should see some of the photography we receive from customers that they want to shoot themselves with their digital cameras n order to save $$. It's terrible, but we have to use it. We do our best to facilitate our customer's needs both from an advertising/marketing perspective and from a budget perspective. It's a tightrope to walk.

So I am not advocating a tool like this as a replacement for you, Twiley, or my company. I am just saying that sometimes it's a necessary entity for people. Embrace and harness rather than be replaced...sometimes it's the best way to survive and thrive.

I just got back from the bar and after reading your banter, I have still have no freaken clue what your arguing about. Yes I got roped into the job...Opie you are correct...I don't lack the "drive" but I do lack the training. I hope the little snipet of what I self taught myself proves to you that I can be successful at this position. Granted, there are some major flaws in the document, such as the logo etc. At any rate, I LOVE the prospects of this direction I'm being headed into. If I'm gonna be the damned CMO for this company...then so be it. I'll do whatever it takes to succeed.

I just got back from the bar and after reading your banter, I have still have no freaken clue what your arguing about. Yes I got roped into the job...Opie you are correct...I don't lack the "drive" but I do lack the training. I hope the little snipet of what I self taught myself proves to you that I can be successful at this position. Granted, there are some major flaws in the document, such as the logo etc. At any rate, I LOVE the prospects of this direction I'm being headed into. If I'm gonna be the damned CMO for this company...then so be it. I'll do whatever it takes to succeed.

If you're title is the CMO then you better command the 6 figure salary that goes along with that. :wacko:

Edited by twiley

speaking of which... what the hell IS your nickname?

:wacko: Taz. I got it while serving in the Navy cause I would go out on liberty in the Philippines, Singapore, Hong Kong or wherever we were at the time and act like a toy top. Drinking, fighting and screwing anything within site.

Anyway...did you get the email? Honest thoughts on it please..I can take it.

Got and replied to email.

so what's the "inib1" part?

Wow thanks for the comments. I appreciate the suggestions as well and I'll be working on them today. I have a meeting with the ex producer today and apparently he has bought me some software..just not sure what it is yet. If feels like Christmas. This is actually gonna be a flier that will be passed out at filming events and such. I'm working on an actual brochure as we speak that will be the actual advertisement to be mailed out.

Oh and the "inib1" is Taz--In--IB (Imperial Beach).