[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dare I ask...

rocknrobn26

Had connection problems w/ Comcast today. They told me connect my PC directly to my modem, and reboot. They then reset my modem. All worked fine. But when I reconnect to the router I can't connect to the internets! Dare I assume my router went toes up? It's just a 4 year old baby! :wacko:

We went through this exact thing just last week! We were internet-less for a whole day. I was :D . My husband was :D and :wacko: while I tried to steer clear of him. :D He spent HOURS on the phone and/or chat sessions with the Linksys folks trying to figure it out. :D Nothing worked. He finally called Comcast when the Linksys people told him there was a problem with our IP address. The Comcast folks said :D "No. But at every step of the fix you try, you must reset the modem. Did they tell you to do that? Nope. Tried it again the next morning it worked :smash:

Every time, it would work fine with the direct connect and then not with the router, despite the router saying it was putting out signal. On the other hand, this router is less than a year old, so we figured it hadn't gone belly up. When he gets home I'll ask him how he fixed it.:D

Just replaced my wireless-G Linksys router last week...it was about 4 years old as well. All the PCs in the house, even the copper connections, would start running real slow internet, and then it would just drop the connection. Would have to reset both the DSL modem and router. Hooked one of the PCs directly into the DSL modem and it worked fine, so I knew I needed to replace the router. Funny as all the lights would work on the router but it was slow and at times no internet connection at all. Went to Fry's and got the wireless-N router for only 75 and everything is back up and running fine now.

Just replaced my wireless-G Linksys router last week...it was about 4 years old as well. All the PCs in the house, even the copper connections, would start running real slow internet, and then it would just drop the connection. Would have to reset both the DSL modem and router. Hooked one of the PCs directly into the DSL modem and it worked fine, so I knew I needed to replace the router. Funny as all the lights would work on the router but it was slow and at times no internet connection at all. Went to Fry's and got the wireless-N router for only 75 and everything is back up and running fine now.

Same here BWF!

Thanks Czar, and LO. Tomorrow I'll be going to Radio Shack as they have a decent price on a decent router. Funny that Chargers and I were talking about RS (in another post) and how they stay in business!! :D I checked the web and the only difference between RS and the rest is sales tax or waiting 3 days for delivery! :wacko: Un freakin' real!

More later................

I remember rebooting my Linksys a lot. I thought maybe it was overheating.

My D-Link has never needed a reboot. This is just my personal experience though... I don't have any evidence that it is a universal thing.

I have never had a linksys router work right for any length of time.

I have a Belkin now, and it is steady.

I also ditched comcrap last month and couldn't be happier with dsl. it actually works all the time!?!?!?!!!!

My Lynksis gaming router croaked three weeks ago. It was closer to a year old. They fairly painlessly sent sent me a new one. They list warranties on certain products on line. Check it out.

Edited by satelliteoflovegm

So I got a D-Link DIR-628. It got decent reviews and believe it or not Office Depot had a better price than Newegg or Amazon. No, I never use Ebay! It was kinda of a pain to install as there "Wizards" are web based. This was noted in several reviews as a con and they were spot on, very difficult to navigate if you need more than just a connection, that is setting up WPA security and other stuff.

Anyway after a long while I got all 3 of my LT's working. Went to install an access point for my Web TV and my Dell would connect, but the browser couldn't find anything! :wacko: Called D-link...definitely the Philippines, and they said after a few changes and a kick up to the upper tech support that it must be the Dell as the other 2 are working just fine. I argued a little, but they had a case. Bad Card....Bad settings? I was skeptical, but called Dell. 2 minutes to get a tech! :D I think I got an American...Sheila w/ just a touch of an accent. She walked me thru a few things and voila............everything worked! Total time16 minutes! :D:D to DELL! I hadn't dealt w/ them for a long while and I think at least this call was serviced as well as anyone could expect.

Anyone have any experiences w/ Dell lately?

Edited by rocknrobn26