[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

compensation question

loaf

so my 2008 sales sucked ass. so much so that by boss threw around the "fire" word once or twice in my review. I took a commission cut but he upped my salary to help a little.

Under my last pay structure I was given a commission check every 15th and every quarter based on the office sales pool. I got my last paycheck and in it was my monthly check (based on the pool numbers for Dec.) but no quarterly (which would have been around 3K).

Do I bring this up to them since that money was owed under my last pay structure or sit tight and thank the stars I'm not fired, (yet as he said)...

tough call imo. with the economy in the crapper and jobs hard to find, i would lay low for now. can you afford the real risk of him saying here's your 3k, now clean out your desk? or all together saying beat it. if things pick up in a few months, you can always bring it up. say u just noticed it. maybe ask one of the resident lawyers how much time you have to bring it up............

Edited by dmarc117

i'm no expert but i think you need to figure out how to ask about it. otherwise this could just be the beginning of multiple screw jobs. assuming you don't want to lose your job over the money, just make it clear you're just looking for clarification of your discussion b/c you thought one thing and another thing happened.