[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dylan's Best

SheikYerbuti

Which album is Bob's best?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which album is Bob's best?

• The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
    • The Times They Are a'Changin
    • Bringing It All Back Home
    • Highway 61 Revisited
    • Blonde on Blonde
    • John Wesley Harding
    • Blood on the Tracks
    • Time Out of Mind
    • Modern Times
    • Other (specify)
    • None. Dylan's voice makes me want to break plate glass.
    • A Hard Puddy's Gonna Fall

the correct answer is blonde on blonde :wacko:

I was thinking that, but frankly "Rainy Day Women" kinda bugs me. For a guy so good at subtlety and wordplay, the whole "EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED!" thing seems kinda, well, juvenile.

I was thinking that, but frankly "Rainy Day Women" kinda bugs me. For a guy so good at subtlety and wordplay, the whole "EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED!" thing seems kinda, well, juvenile.

I've never really look at the words in that song that closely but I don't think it means only what you think it means.

it's kind of a dumb little circusy song, but it's short, and the rest of the album is an absolute homerun.

I've never really look at the words in that song that closely but I don't think it means only what you think it means.

true, there's sort of a double-entendre there....talking about being stoned in the new testament, being beat down for standing out sense, juxtaposed with being stoned in the 60s sense. definitely my least favorite song on the album, but there is a little more to it than "hey, woo, let's everybody get stoned!"

It doesn't just mean that we should all light up a dube?? NO WAY!!

:wacko:

So... ever see Dylan play in front of just a handful of people? :wacko:

Funny, we were having the "If you could time machine yourself to anywhere, where would it be?" discussion and I said Greenwich Village, 1962 and then San Francisco, 1967.

Dylan ain't exactly a songbird but he could deliver his lyrics with some venom. Hurricane is a great example (although the song was based on a false premise).

As for the lyrics, Dylan is #1, everyone else is #2 and below and it's not even close.