[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nerve conduction test...

Jimmy Neutron

Anybody had one? Doc says it's painful - going next week. :wacko:

As long as there are no electrodes taped to my nether region I should be OK. :D

It isn't as bad as they make it sound. Basically, they take these 2 to 3 inch needles, and they are very thin, and stick them into your muscles, hook this electro-something-or-another up to them and ask you to move your muscles. The Dr then watches this gage to see the electrical impulses pass through your muscles. Afterward, you receive a bill for $1700 and some cream to rub on your sore arse. To me, it really felt like a mild shot in certain places and nothing much everywhere else. Its the nerve velocity test that hurts. That one involves them hooking up electrobs to certain areas of your body and shocking you with this voltage gun to see how fast the current flows through your nerves. What they don't tell you is the places they shock you are the folds of your arms, the back of your knees and basically everywhere you have sensitive skin.

I've had the arms done 3 times. It's not bad, but a guy I met in PT said if they do it to your legs/back, it's fairly uncomfortable.

My Dr. had a German accent. :wacko:

The use of needles is not as popular anymore. I've had to done twice with two different doctors to test for carpal tunnel, and neither involved needles, just electrodes taped to my arms and hands. I asked about the needle test, and the doctor said technology has moved past that.

It's tngly, but not that painful. Of course I have grabbed live 110 wires several times in my rehabbing, so I have a pretty high benchmark set. :wacko:

Edited by cre8tiff